Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP 55 not switching formats/more manuals

Author Topic: CP 55 not switching formats/more manuals
Jonathan Haglund
Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2001 03:51 AM      Profile for Jonathan Haglund   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan Haglund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I searched the forums and can't find a solution. One of my CP 55's won't switch formats. This has happend to me before on some 65's but a tech always fixed the problem. So what's going on here? This processor is giving me further grief and I need to at least do a dolby tone, but I can't even get into mono.

Second topic: I need more manuals. I need Smart Theatres MOD 2 sound processor and remote fader as well as Smart TA 242 amps. Also, Cinemechanica C/55 PT sound processor and more info on maintenance of Victoria 5's. I don't think anyone has a manual for the V5 since I already asked. I just need to know about the oil system (is there one?), who I talk to about getting the new curved gate/trap, and any other mod's to bring some modern tech to the old cluncker.

-Jonathan Haglund

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-01-2001 11:09 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vic 5 manual is on line
The oil is only in the intermitent and there is a large hose like tube in the back for it
On the CP55 diconenct the automation interface first and see if it will switch
Some versions of the Mod2 are already on line

Brian Potts
Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2001 11:11 AM      Profile for Brian Potts   Email Brian Potts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathon you can find the manuals for the Smart products at their website. http://www.smartdev.com

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-01-2001 05:18 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the CP55, how are you trying to switch formats? With the front panel? With a remote pushbutton? With the automation system? Do you have a spare switch card that you can substitute?

Jonathan Haglund
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2001 02:54 AM      Profile for Jonathan Haglund   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan Haglund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying to switch just by pushing the buttons. Removing the automation interface fixed the problem, but alas I have no substitute to test. If anyone can point me to a good wholesale and or used parts place, I'd really like to get some spare cards (including alignment) as well as some full processors. I like technology from 1985 and all, but I would rather not use Smart Theatre Systems MOD 2 as my main sound processor in all auditoriums except the one where I've got the CP55.

-Jonathan

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-02-2001 02:59 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your problem may not be in that automation interface card. you could have a stuck relay sending a continuous pulse to the cp unit that is keeping the interface from working properly.

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2001 10:42 PM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the problem cleared when you unplugged the cat. 321 interface card, it is almost certainly your automation or some sort of remote control if there is any.If I recall there isn't a whole lot on that card except the D-sub connector and a couple of terminal strips. Are you experiencing any other problems with the automation? Also, what type is it? These could help narrow things down a bit.

Ken Jacquart
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2001 12:00 AM      Profile for Ken Jacquart   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Jacquart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl and Rick are right. It sounds like your automation is providing a 'hold' and not a 'pulse' to the CP55. This may be a limitation of your automation... oh well.

ken

Jonathan Haglund
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2001 03:17 AM      Profile for Jonathan Haglund   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan Haglund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The automation is Xetron Maxi 8/x and if you're not familiar with it, its very simple minded. I wouldn't know where to begin looking for problems on it though.

-Jonathan

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: