Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Joe Redifer's Film Training Video

Author Topic: Joe Redifer's Film Training Video
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2001 02:35 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
I just downloaded Joe Redifer's Film handling TIPS!! I was so excited with the content of the video that I felt the need to congratulate first of all THE MAN, Joe Redifer and of course anyone else who contributed in the production of this video. Personally I adored the whole video. Ironically though, some people do treat their projectors the way the video show e.g. cleaning them while motor is running, missusing the splicer e.t.c. The best part of the whole video (I believe) is the part of "ELECTRICITY IS FOR LOOSERS" I fell of the chair when I saw Joe and the other three running the projector without power (one turning the projector, one turning the platers and one LIGHTING up the show with an extremely powerful FLASHLIGHT!!!)
Congratulations again Joe for a damn good show. Keep it up. Prehaps you can make a video of making good preparation of the film!!!!
Take care
Demetris Thoupis

"FOR STRENGTH AND HONOUR"

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-23-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments! That video was made long before Film-Tech officially existed and before I met Brad (hence no reference to FilmGuard). The other two losers besides me in the video are Jeff Skallan (the guy who folds the 70mm film in half). He is head projectionist at Mann (now Colorado Cinema Holdings LLC or some other crap like that) Bowles Crossing 12, where the majority of that was shot. He is still there. The other guy is Tom Barnes (the guy who gets zapped by the platter static). He was a projectionist at Bowles and he is also still there, though he is the house manager now. Of course the announcer (and the guy who gets blown up twice) is me.

I actually made the video after attending a short Kodak projection seminar. I figured that I should cover the other end of the training spectrum!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: