Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Picture submissions

Author Topic: Picture submissions
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-28-2001 04:21 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have sent in pictures for the following theaters, please email me at Flix@film-tech.com so I may get captions.

AGA
Boise
Daian Screening Room
Spencer Theater

|  IP: Logged

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2001 03:55 PM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Brad,

"AGA" isn't a theatre, it's a projector.

Anyway, as you're probably aware of by now, the AGA pic captions are waiting in your mailbox.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-01-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of it, but then again I don't bother looking at most pictures until the page is finished being built with captions. I did receive the captions and they will be in the next update.

Stefan Scholz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2001 02:16 PM      Profile for Stefan Scholz   Author's Homepage   Email Stefan Scholz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice projectors, made by AGA, an industrial giant of the past. The name would translate to "Gas Accumulation Corporation" (AB Gas Accumulator)- still well known for that business all over Europe. I think they stopped producing film equipment, while Phillips stopped making compressed gas, in some kind of a deal in the 60's.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-02-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a company called "AGA" that makes what are apparently the Rolls-Royce of kitchen stoves. Is this the same company that makes the film equipment?

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2001 01:16 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Belgium the AGA projectors are known under the name AGA BALTIC. I've seen one pair working in a private screening room last month.They're in like new condition and still working with carbons.Their color is Bordeau red. Magnificent! When you see one you can't help thinking to swedish cars of that time, like Volvo PV 444, for instance.

------------------

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2001 03:46 PM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The part of the AGA company that made projectors was sold to Philips, AFAIK.

And yes; it could very well be the same company that makes the kitchen stoves. I'm not sure but it rings a bell somewhere.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: