Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Vanity Fair's April 2001 coverage of Cinerama

Author Topic: Vanity Fair's April 2001 coverage of Cinerama
Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2001 09:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's an excellent article about Cinerama in VF's April 2001 issue in case some of you haven't noticed already.

Some of it can be seen here: http://www.cineramaadventure.com/vanityfair1.htm

All the best, Thomas
..in 70mm - The 70mm Newsletter

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-22-2001 10:53 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Harvey used to work for the company that ran the old theater I used to work at. He was a technician for them.

I consider John my mentor because he showed me a lot of things and was always there if I had any questions.

He would always talk about his Cinerama experiences and I always found what he had to say interesting.

We had a discusion about Cinerama and why more mainstreem movies were not made in the process. He said that hollywood is fixated on the fact that the stars have to have close up shots of their faces. When this is done in Cinerama the whole effect is lost.

I do not know if John reads this site but I hope he is doing well and wish him all the best in what he is doing.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 09:11 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John is alive and well and living in Dayton,I spoke to him a few weeks ago when arranging the shipment of Cinerama Holiday to Bradford.

I don't think he reads Film Tech as far as I know he doesn't have a cell phone , an e-mail address or a fax machine!!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: