Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » JBL 8340 woofer

Author Topic: JBL 8340 woofer
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2001 06:44 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys!

I have to replace a woofer of a JBL 8340 surround speaker. I need the woofer JBL code. JBL is not answering to my question via their website. My surround speaker are very high...

Someone can help me?

Thanks
Antonio

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2001 07:18 AM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Antonio,

The code number you're asking is
124-21000-00 for the Low freq 280mm speaker.

And just in case you might need it, the code No. for the Horn/Driver unit is 127-10000-00.

Regards,
Christos.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christos,
Many thanks for the information. Just a question: are the woofer 280mm? I know 250mm (10inch).

Again, thanks a lot.
Antonio

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2001 08:08 AM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Antonio you're almost right. 10" = 254mm.
I double checked JBL's documentation, from where I copied the info you wanted, and also JBL product specs brochures and they insist that 10" = 280mm.

I suppose it's more practical just rounding to the nearest higher number.

C.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-21-2001 08:14 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You said 8340, right? If so the number you received is no longer correct...those are the old numbers.

The current repacement woofer for the 8340 is 306119-001X (as of 7/99).

The tweeter has been updated to the 305874-001.

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Mark Mayfield
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2001 01:26 PM      Profile for Mark Mayfield   Email Mark Mayfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really shouldn't respond, but...

Antonio - be sure you know if you are talking about the original 8340 or the new 8340A - the "A" is a totally different speaker. If it's the original 8340 (wood/vinyl wrap cabinet), then 124-21000-00 is the correct part. If it's the new plastic box, then Steve is correct.

If anyone ever has a question about EAW Cinema speakers, please Email me directly and I will respond immediately.

Steve Guttag

- posted 03-21-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Nope, you are incorrect on this one...the 8340A uses entirely different parts...the ones I listed are current for the wood cabinet 8340 and were last updated 7/99. I verified my information in the parts price sheets too...I am an authorized JBL warranty repair person and get the latest info on such stuff. If you tech sheet is not "Rev D" then it isn't current.

Steve

------------------

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve and Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I have 8340, not 8340A. Please do not argue for me

Again, thanks for your time.

Bye
Antonio

Mark Mayfield
Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2001 10:20 AM      Profile for Mark Mayfield   Email Mark Mayfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve -

I guess things HAVE changed since I left JBL! It's too bad they couldn't have clarified this for Antonio directly.

Mark

Steve Guttag

- posted 03-22-2001 12:55 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, Antonio is in Italy or I could help further. JBL Pro, JBL Consumer and JBL International don't seem to talk to each other much yet use many of the same components. I have one customer that needed new woofers for Control-LA speakers (apparantley an international version of the Control-1 AW) but it was near impossible to find out the information...only to find that the AW woofer is no longer available (at least through JBL-Pro).

For dealing with JBL-Pro repairs (US) JBL has been rather good for us. They support their products a little better than others, perhaps.

Steve

------------------

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2001 01:40 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve and Mark,

I've contacted JBL only by their website. Perhaps there is a representative in Italy that could be help me more.
However you both helped me much.

Thanks!

Antonio

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: