Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone running 'The Dish' yet?

Author Topic: Anyone running 'The Dish' yet?
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-19-2001 05:40 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the IMDB, this went out last Friday (limited) in the USA.

I was wondering how your prints turned out. Ours were exceptionally good...very sharp and very bright.

Anyone running it?

------------------
"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage". Indiana Jones

Anthony Matarazzo
Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2001 07:05 AM      Profile for Anthony Matarazzo   Email Anthony Matarazzo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran the the first print here in Australia for the Premier -- But when i was doing the test screening the print was out of sync !!

Tom Long came here to open it !! Great movie
and great soundtrack normally the Aussie movies are very soft.

I hope you enjoy if over there as it bid pritty good over here

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2001 03:16 PM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two prints opened the Cleveland International Film Festival last Thursday. I didn't work on those prints or see them onscreen. I was busy inspecting some of the ~20 prints that played Friday.

I shipped out _House of Mirth_ this morning and noticed that three of the eight reels had printed leader identification claiming the film is "Flat". The other five reels correctly identify the film as "Scope".

_Baraka_ plays in 70mm Wednesday evening.
http://www.clevelandfilm.org/index.asp

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2001 06:47 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dish opened on 6 screens in the United States last Friday. It gossed $70,612 or $11,769 per screen. Ky tells me that is a poor opening for a film that is playing in NY & LA. Also, it opened on a Wednesday so it had two extra days in which to gross.

We still have hopes, but it didn't strike a spark in NY & LA. It was a generaly poor weekend at the box office anyway.

Aaron Haney
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2001 11:55 PM      Profile for Aaron Haney   Email Aaron Haney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was wondering how your prints turned out. Ours were exceptionally good...very sharp and very bright.

I saw a trailer for "The Dish" friday night, and I could not believe just how good it looked! It was very sharp and had extremely rich colors. None of the other trailers (nor the movie I actually was there to see) looked quite that good. I wonder why it looked so exceptional?

On a similar note: A while back I saw a trailer for "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" which was printed very dark. It was the first thing shown at this particular screening, so I sat there thinking to myself, "oh no, another severly underlit screen, I guess I won't be coming back to this multiplex again ...", but of course when the next trailer came up, I realized it was just the print job on that particular trailer. Still, it was very odd seeing a piece of film printed that dark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: