Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Condensers

Author Topic: Condensers
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 03-16-2001 12:03 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two of the condensers in our Brenographs have gotten extremely pitted. I buff them occasionally with a buffing wheel on a bench grinder using automative rubbing compound to improve them but they need replacing. They are 5 1/2 inches in diameter and have the usual convex side 1 3/8 inches high and the other side is concave 3/8 inch deep. there are two of these in eash lamp,only the one facing inside the lamp is pitted. The operation manual call it a double condensing system. Anybody know where these can be had? Wolk tossed a truck load several years ago when they moved so they are out. Any other suggestions?

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 03-16-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you could try Edmond Scientific's optical division. I believe the URL is www.edsci.com/ . While your at it, you could place a thin piece of sheet glass between the condensers and the arc. that would protect the optics and you would only have to periodically replace the glass. much cheaper than replacing lenses

Josh

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2001 09:02 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree. Edmund Scientific has an excellent optical division and the lenses are reasonably priced.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 03-16-2001 01:11 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I clicked on this topic thinking it was about capacitors.

Now, I just feel old...

John T. Mellor
Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2001 02:17 PM      Profile for John T. Mellor   Email John T. Mellor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try some jewelers rouge there are quite a few diferent grades
Give It a try
Hope it helps
John

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2001 04:06 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Agreed! I was thinking that I was gonna be reading something about rectifiers most likely...

They'll be telling me that valves are used to control water flow next...

Odd thing is I'm only 27

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: