Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 6000ft. reels?

Author Topic: 6000ft. reels?
Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2001 10:39 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try as I might, I can't find the part (or kit) number for 6000ft. magazines for XL's.
Anyone know? Just how rare a bird are these things?

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2001 12:55 AM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure how rare they are all i know is that i have 4 sets of 6000's i think i also have a set of 2000's the simplex parts catalogue i have has the part numbers listed as G-4490 & G-4491 witch is the 27" upper and lower magazine.
I might be interested in getting rid of them im not sure yet though.

------------------
"Come on out to the drive-in and spend a night out with the stars"
ME!!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-08-2001 02:27 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might be obvious, but I'll mention it anyway: if you don't absolutely need the Simplex parts for historical accuracy, you can buy generic 6000' reel arms from Kelmar and others. These fit Simplex and Century and other projectors that use standard American-style spacing and threads. These work fine.

(As I said, this is probably obvious...but it might not be...)

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2001 07:36 AM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, nothing obvious to me! Thanks for the reply. I'd like to have a set of the originals, right now I have the original 2000footers, but going to Xenon, it would make more sense to use 6000ft, so Tim or anyone, let me know if you've some to unload.
Thanks....

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-08-2001 07:06 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I have two sets of 6,000 foor magazines. They are becoming scarce, and please don't be surprised if those who have them won't part with them. Your best bet would be to find a theater supply company that specializes in selling junk. There are plenty of them around.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: