Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » HELP Need repair of ELMO XP550 Xenon pwr Supply

Author Topic: HELP Need repair of ELMO XP550 Xenon pwr Supply
Larry Racies
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for Larry Racies   Email Larry Racies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The subject line says it all. I have a 16mm ELMO XP-550 Xenon projector with a lamp power supply that needs repair. I have the service manual and schematics, but don't feel competent to attempt the repair myself. The ELMO factory branch in Plainview, NY doesn't want to bother with it. I've never encountered such a lack of concern on the part of a munufacturer over supporting their products. They seemed to say: the machine is old, we don't have the part...use it for a paperweight.
Does anyone know a competent serviceman or woman familiar with xenon lamp supplies who might be able to repair this? I'll ship it and the manual anywhere. Thanks. larry@biancx.com

------------------

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-08-2001 02:23 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you talk to Frank at the Elmo plant? He knows the 16mm equipment inside and out and I would be very surprised if he were unwilling to help you unless the parts were simply not available.

Larry Racies
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2001 07:53 AM      Profile for Larry Racies   Email Larry Racies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If by Frank you mean Frank Christenson then, yes, he's the guy who told me they couldn't fix it.

Mark DeLettera
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2001 12:52 PM      Profile for Mark DeLettera   Email Mark DeLettera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry,
You may want to try Cheshire AV, here in Rochester, NY. The owner, Steve Cheshire was my A-V co-worker here at Kodak up to 1994. Our A-V department was 'dissolved' and Steve opened his own company. I know he bought most of the A-V equipment from Kodak. I know we DID have a few 16MM Elmo Xenon projectors, but I don't know the model. He would not do a repair, but he may sell you one if he has it. I also know that Steve did sell a lot of the older A-V equipment mainly for space considerations.
I already called him but he wasn't in.
Instead of a 'middle man' you might just give him a call yourself, maybe he can help.

Steve Cheshire
Cheshire A-V
716-724-1564
Rochester, NY

Good Luck & tell him "Mark D. sent you"!

------------------
Mark DeLettera
Eastman Kodak Co.
Worldwide Technical Svs.
Rochester, NY
mark.delettera@kodak.com
716-588-4189

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: