Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Bradford Widescreen Weekend

Author Topic: Bradford Widescreen Weekend
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2001 03:02 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone this side of the pond planing to see some of the greatest 70mm and Cinemrama films in Bradford Yorkshire (England) this weekend.

Who is planning to be at Bradford?.
Let's meet up for a drink or two...

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-05-2001 03:53 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish! Sadly I'm at work here (in York) all weekend...

Neil Chue Hong
Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2001 07:42 PM      Profile for Neil Chue Hong   Author's Homepage   Email Neil Chue Hong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to be in Bradford last weekend to see "This Is Cinerama" but the dates got moved.

Can't make it this weekend... and I was looking forward to it.

There are rumours that a group may try to resurrect the Cinerama screen at the (currently dead) former ABC cinema in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland.

I've been told that it's the last remaining original Cinerama screen in Britain- anyone got any other information?

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2001 02:27 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon.

See you there Ben

Best from Thomas

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2001 03:05 PM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>There are rumours that a group may try to resurrect the Cinerama screen at the (currently dead) former ABC cinema in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland.

I've been told that it's the last remaining original Cinerama screen in Britain- anyone got any other information? <<

Are you talking about an original Cinerama _screen_ or just an auditorium once used to show Cinerama? Because if you're talking about a screen (with a thousand thin aluminum stripes), how is it that the screen's still intact, after 36 or so years?

Or is it just me that misread your post?

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2001 04:23 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are rumours that a group may try to resurrect the Cinerama screen at the (currently dead) former ABC cinema in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland.

The Cinerama screen was removed many years ago at this cinema, the last screen was about 45ft wide & they had Philips DP75.

The last time I was at this cinema, they where screening "Far & away" in 70mm

Neil Chue Hong
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2001 11:41 AM      Profile for Neil Chue Hong   Author's Homepage   Email Neil Chue Hong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, meant to write auditorium - as mentioned above, the actual screen was removed some time ago.

I'm sure that there must be some other ex-Cinerama auditoria that haven't been converted in the UK though.

Phil Connolly
Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2001 04:28 AM      Profile for Phil Connolly   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Connolly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should be great - good luck to Dick and the team, I hope it runs smoothly.

I'll be their tomorrow

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: