Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Question On Deluxe Prints

Author Topic: Question On Deluxe Prints
Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 02-22-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just recieved a print of "Chocolat" and noticed that on the leader, there are two white boxes before and after the title of the print. My question is this: What are the icons inside of those boxes for? Some of the reels had a Christmas Tree and others a bomb inside of the box. I have also noticed that different prints of "Meet The Parents" either had an "S" or a "W" inside of the box. Does anybody know what these mean?

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Christopher Seo
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2001 02:26 AM      Profile for Christopher Seo   Email Christopher Seo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, was that print from Deluxe Hollywood or Deluxe Toronto? (I think if it's Toronto it should specifically say so on the Deluxe logo on the leader.) It seems like the folks at the Hollywood lab get pretty creative with the typefaces and styles they use in printing the titles on the leaders, though I can't remember if I've seen little drawings there before.

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 02-23-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it is Deluxe Hollywod.

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-23-2001 07:12 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>It seems like the folks at the Hollywood lab get pretty creative with the typefaces and styles they use in printing the titles<<

That's Toronto that does that. Carryover from the good ol' Film House days, i'm sure DeLuxe Hollywood has the plain old ColoReel® coding with the plain-Jane one-block-letter-per-frame serif font and the slashes on the tails.

Ethan, its Toronto: see above.

Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: