Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film-Tech Drink Night 2001

Author Topic: Film-Tech Drink Night 2001
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-21-2001 03:52 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when exactly is the Film-Tech drink night and where? I'll be there thru Wednesday night. I personally think Tuesday night would be better as its in the middle of the show. Nothin like a nice hangover walking around the show! Many people clear out of town starting Wednesday.
Mark @ GTS

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2001 06:36 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In another post I have proposed that the Film-Tech Drink be held Wednesday evening at 5:30 in the Bourbon Street Bar. The Bourbon Street Inn in across Flamingo Road from Bally's. The reason I picked Wednesday is that Monday evening there is the Independent Film Showcase. Tuesday Evening The trade show goes until 6:00 PM and it has been pointed out that many people go directly to Dinner after the trade show. There are also films being shown that evening. Wednesday evening the trade show ends at 5:00 PM and there is only one film being shown that evening at 7:30 PM. I figured that it would be more convenient to have a Drink at 5:30 and there would still be time to meet people for dinner at a reasonable hour. I figure Thursday is out because too many people will have left and those that stay will attend the Banquet. I pick the Bourbon Street Bar because it is quiet and we can take control of it with little or no resistance.

If there is any flaw in my reasoning please let me know. If you can think of a better place, let me know.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-21-2001 08:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, That sounds fine to me. Your reasoning is good. I guess I missed that in the other posts at some point. I never attend the film with the regular cattle as I am not an exhibitor. Been there done that, tired of being herded around. See you at Burbon Street.
Mark @ GTS

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-21-2001 11:15 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>Nothin like a nice hangover walking around the show!<<

Find the VRROOM booth. Head There. Drink Much Vrroom! Hangover gone! Too bad the stuff doesn't sell for shit in theatres.

Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: