Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ...and now - for DP70/Norelco AAII fans - The Web site has been updated: (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ...and now - for DP70/Norelco AAII fans - The Web site has been updated:
Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fans of DP70/Norelco AAIIs,

I have spent the evening updating the web site with new serial numbers and installations as well as giving all pages a html brush up. Please find the web site here

Does anyone of you have any contacts in South America, Japan and India? DP70s are known to have thrilled audiences and projectionists alike in these parts of the world.

All the best and good night, Thomas

[ 04-29-2003, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Hauerslev ]

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2001 03:54 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all fans of the DP70/Norelco AAII

The DP70 web site has been updated once again.

The DP70 web site is more than lists of cinemas and serial numbers , it is also about Todd-AO.

To inform new readers of Film-Tech about this, the DP70 web site (The project now in its 18th year) tries to locate every remaining DP70 projector. Please report serial numbers to me and I shall update the lists.

This is the mechanism serial number plate:

-

I also welcome pictures, which in time, will end up on the web site too.

For this “Summer 2001 update”, I have made a new list of machines that have been spotted, but the serial numbers still remains to be recorded. Please see if there are any machines/cinemas in your area.

Other web site updates I like to mention are DP70 upgrades and Todd-AO/DP70 cinema statistics 1955 – 1958

Thanks for your help, assistance, encouragement and enthusiasm.

[ 04-29-2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Hauerslev ]

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2001 09:22 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For further DP70 reading, discussion and general worship. A DP70 mailing list has been set at Yahoo groups at.... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DP70ML

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Michael Pace
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2001 08:45 AM      Profile for Michael Pace   Email Michael Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody has access to old copies of BOXOFFICE magazine there are photos of installations of the DP70/Norelco AAII projectors.

April 9, 1962, THE MODERN THEATRE SECTION has a photo of the projection room of the SS FRANCE and one of the auditorium.

September 3,1962, has a photo of the projectors in the Odeon Theatre in Singapore.

September 26,1966 has photos of the United Artists Theatre Circuit's new Cinema 150 in Santa Clara showing the auditorium, external view and the projection room.

Regards
Michael.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-22-2001 01:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes they had many great shots of booths in those mags. International Projectionist also featured this sort of picture thing. I believe that the S.S. UNited States also had a pair of DP-70's in it as well. Check out this site as this magnificent ship still exists! http://www.ssunitedstates.org/
Also see http://hometown.aol.com/ssus2/
Mark @ GTS

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2001 02:05 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look at the adverts, a new page, to enjoy some old artwork here

I have also re-arranged the USA listing state by state

Please check this list and see if you live nearby to ask for the numbers

[ 04-29-2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Hauerslev ]

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2001 02:40 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodmorning everyone. I've uploaded a description of the DP70 which Philips in Holland wrote in late 1954, early 1955 at this address

It's amazing the amount of detail they put into this description.

[ 04-29-2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Hauerslev ]

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2002 03:32 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, the URL is now www.dp70.com

------------------
Cheers, Thomas
www.in70mm.com
www.dp70.com
www.70mm.dk

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2003 05:13 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look here. As you see, it is a list of cinemas currently equipped with DP70 projectors, but I need the serial number of the machines for the www.dp70.com web site.

If you can supply the serial numbers or provide internet contact information to the cinemas/projectionists, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've recently added all Mark Guldbrandsen´s 27 DP70 serial numbers to the lists, AND all other information many of you have supplied since last fall.

Keep up the good work, and please continue to send information and pictures to me.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-29-2003 09:23 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Thomas

For adding the Picwood and Huntington Oaks Theatres to the site.
[thumbsup]
Bill

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2003 08:47 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mines runs a private screening room with 2 DP 70 in France, I don't see him listed. I'll ask for his permission and contact Thomas.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 06-18-2005 12:59 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 777 days since the last post.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2005 12:59 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey friends,

A bit of information on this project. The DP70 web site is the latest incarnation of a life-long project of mine (since 1982) trying to find as many serial numbers and cinemas with the DP70/AAII Todd-AO 70mm projector.

More than 190 individuals have contributed over the years locating machines for me. They are all credited on www.in70mm.com Don´t hesitate to send me serial numbers and pictures of YOUR machines too [thumbsup]

Please use: mr_in70mm@get2net.dk

I´ve updated the DP70 website www.dp70.com Please check out the cinemas and serial number lists.

This time I´ve made som significant changes. I´ve removed the Todd-AO material (to be moved to www.in70mm.com), simplified the navigation and started to add projector pictures. It´s a slow process, but I´m getting there.

Cheers Thomas in Denmark

PS: It´s so dark in Denmark during winter, that Danes simply have to "waste" time finding DP70s all over the world.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-27-2009 01:33 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1439 days since the last post.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2009 01:33 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Operation DP70 Serial Number" project started in 1982 and is still very much running! The DP70 / Norelco AAII web site is still alive, and currently being updated.

You can find it here: http://www.in70mm.com/dp70/index.htm

You are all most welcome to contribute with your information and images about DP70s in your area, which I will add to the web site

Send your images and serial numbers to:

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: