Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DP70/lamphouse/rectifier "SOLD"

Author Topic: DP70/lamphouse/rectifier "SOLD"
Luther M. Spencer
Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2001 08:30 AM      Profile for Luther M. Spencer   Email Luther M. Spencer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put this here so It would get read.. For all those who keep emailing and calling on The DP70 and lamphoue/rectifier ..It has been sold.. TO a Gentleman in Mi. Regards.. Mike

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-15-2001 09:01 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can edit your posts, even in the "Wanted / To Buy" forum. You can put your "SOLD" sign there and head off all calls even bofore they start!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-15-2001 11:08 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If something is sold on the equipment forum, email me and I will delete it or just do as Randy suggested.

The only restriction is self-deleting, as if the topic starter of a thread delets a post they made, ALL replies get deleted. This happened a few times on threads that turned out to contain some good information in the past, so I no longer allow member-deleting. This unfortunately does also apply to the equipment forum, but like Randy said, editing your post to say "SOLD" works just as well.

The reasoning for not permitting replies on that forum is because the forum is only to be used as a sort of electronic bulletin board. Actual transactions that result from a post there are no one's business but the two parties involved, yet for some reason I see other online forums where two people will carry out an entire transaction publicly, mistakingly thinking that it provides some sort of guarantee and can hold the website responsible. This is not the case.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: