Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ADDED Pictures of two projector 3-D show

Author Topic: ADDED Pictures of two projector 3-D show
John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2001 06:49 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click on the link to view added pictures!
It's been a long time since I've seen this many people with 3-D glasses on!!! Thanks to Marvin Scifres for the pictures!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

|  IP: Logged

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2001 06:58 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot the link...... http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=684390&a=11014026

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2001 11:33 PM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does the synch scope work?
I think I see only one of the "sensor" panels in place at a time; are there 2 in use when checking synch?

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2001 09:11 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, why do you show stuff like this? You know you make me drool all over my keyboard when you show me two projector 3-D!

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William, I think what you are referring to as a sensor panel is the polaroid filter in the projection beam? If so, there both in place in front of the respective projectors (left & right0 The synch test device has a rotating disk with clear & opaque strips, it spins at a speed that is in synch with shutter speed of 1440 rpm, when you look through the viewer on the scope you are looking through this strobe wheel and a set of polaroid filters just like in front of the projectors that are
split horizontally with the left on top and the right on bottom. There are vertical lines that strobe through and if they are in alignment, the shutters of both machines are in perfect synch, if the lines are broken or wavey, the shutters are not in synch and eye strain can result to the audience. I hope this explains it a little better.
Jerry...Be careful! Saliva is not condusive to proper computer operation!!!! Have fun!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha. Thanks for the description!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: