Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Drawings of projector parts, and info sharing...

Author Topic: Drawings of projector parts, and info sharing...
Erkan Umut
Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2001 04:52 PM      Profile for Erkan Umut   Author's Homepage   Email Erkan Umut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fans!

As a professional cinematographer, lecturer of cinematography & document collector on motion-picture machinery:
I'm looking for drawings (exploded views & cutaways) of internal parts of motion-picture equipment (esp. 35mm projectors), as well as similar photos. Note: Only for educational purposes and fun

I also am interested in sharing information on similar subjects: I have a rich document collection & deep knowledge on the field; and specialized in (fan of) ex-Soviet, Chinese & Japanese equipment.

Waiting for all your interesting offers or questions. All messages will be replied due to time!

Erkan Umut
Istanbul (Turkey)

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-26-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Your biggest resource for explosion drawings is probably awaiting you at the bottom of the screen under the "manuals" link, thanks to the many who have sent in their collections.

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2001 08:52 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my co-workers (Tim Reed) created a very well done animated example of a geneva movement that you can find under the "VIDEOS" link at the bottom of the page

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-26-2001 10:25 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erkan; If you have any projection manuals, parts drawings, etc. maybe you could copy them and send them to Brad to add to the manual page. Most of the stuff there is U.S.A. made equipment; it would be great to expand the Film-Tech library to include other countries' projection equipment as well.

That animated geneva movement was really well done. Thanks, Tim!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: