Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New Component Engineering LED Scanners

Author Topic: New Component Engineering LED Scanners
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-23-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in Boise today installing a bunch of the new low priced C. E. ASR scanners. Man are these fast and easy to install. IMHO, these are by far the easiest of all the systems out there to deal with. It actually takes longer to rip the old exciter based stuff out of the 5 stars than it does to put the new C.E.'s in and line them up. Congrats to Bill Purdy and crew for turning what use to be a somewhat time consumming job into a very quick and painless thing!! So fast in fact that it could almost be done inbetween shows.
Mark @ GTS

|  IP: Logged

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2001 08:47 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mark! Where in boise???? There aren't that many screens left!!!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-24-2001 01:05 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,
I'm at the Reel. At least this place will survive and is actually doing pretty good. It has not had a tune up ever since it was installed in "94". Pretty amazing anything would run, but things were bearable.
I'm off to Ontario tommrrow to tend to a few things. Gee, I was in Wendell at your place to pick up 10 booths of equipment I need but they said you did't work there anymore........Ya going to be there when I come back through in a few days? I have more to do in Pocatello after I visit your video store to try to catch up with you.
Mark (3rd slave in line or something like that)
General Theatrical Supply
Salt Lake City, (And Boise on occasion)

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2001 12:07 AM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark! I am still in California doing some work, I won't be home for another week or so!!! Sorry I missed you!! I've got enough stuff for 28 screens right now though! Later!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-27-2001 12:41 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently running a prototype of the c.e. reverse scan reader that I believe you are talking about. We have had it installed on our five star sound head for six months. Recently for some reason we had an l.e.d failure wich caused the power supply to fail or vice versa. Anyway C.E. had to send us a new power supply and we had to replace the L.E.D. These are very easy to set up and you can achive a very good A-chain with them. We have this set up in one of our DTS houses so all I had to do was run the feature minus the trailes in Digital so the house was never down.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: