Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film cleaning media samples (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Film cleaning media samples
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-10-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The following offer is for registered Film-Tech Forum members within the continental US...

Last fall we introduced a line of film cleaning media. This month we are releasing a new upgraded version of our media. We have been listening to customer suggestions and believe we have arrived at a product that is superior to all other film cleaning media in every way.

There have been three major changes from the "blue" Film-Tech media pads we were previously manufacturing. First is the coloring. Some of the feedback we received did not like the coloring of the pads, as it was felt it made inspecting the media for dirt more difficult and white was preferred. Second is the stiffness. We received comments that some projectionists had difficulty in rewinding the older pads due to this lack of stiffness. We have changed our binder material and these new pads are three times as stiff without becoming abrasive as some of the other media on the market is. Finally the length of the rolls has been changed. Although the original intent was to manufacture rolls that were of an ideal length to run "one pass" and then rewind, much of the feedback preferred long rolls as many theaters like to cut them in half to make double rolls out of them. Others simply preferred to make two passes on a roll. Regardless of the individual preference of the theater, our rolls are now cut to the maximum the Kelmar cleaner can hold.

What has not changed is the quality of the fabric. Our pads contain a pre-applied anti-static coating, have exact slitting tolerances for a perfect wind, and all rolls come pre-wound onto plastic coupling cores for direct use with FilmGuard (but works perfectly fine without FilmGuard too). Furthermore, we continue to guarantee that there will be absolutely no splices within the rolls like those of some of our competitors.

The samples offered here are actual production rolls and are exactly the same as the final product available through dealers. 16 rolls come to each box as before and pricing will not change. This new media is currently shipping, although there may be a slight delay as dealers exhaust the remainder of the "blue media" stock.

The deal...
For the next 24 hours, we will ship you out a sample pair of our new media pads free for evaluation. All you need to do is post a reply to this thread and then email Flix@film-tech.com with your shipping address.

Requirements and exclusions...
You MUST be a member of these forums. You MUST be a resident in the continental United States. Only one sample pair of media pads per member. Please do NOT put your name down if you do not own a Kelmar or Christie media film cleaning machine, as these pads will be of no use to you. You MUST post a reply to this thread AND when you email in your shipping address, make SURE you write "MEDIA PADS" in the subject header.

Once you have had a chance to use the sample media pads, we welcome your feedback either via private email or here on the forum. The goal is to provide the highest quality product at a good price. As always, your feedback will help us to insure that we are doing so with future improvements to our product.

***DO NOT FORGET TO SEND THE EMAIL WITH YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS***

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey sign me up

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-10-2001 08:09 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to try out these media pads.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-10-2001 08:11 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That's country discrimination!

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-10-2001 08:22 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'm there!

Bryan Fournier
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 08:28 PM      Profile for Bryan Fournier   Email Bryan Fournier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send me some too! Thanks Brad.

Pete Lawrence
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 09:07 PM      Profile for Pete Lawrence   Email Pete Lawrence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to try it.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo hoo!!! I take a try.

Daryl Lund
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 09:37 PM      Profile for Daryl Lund   Email Daryl Lund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me to Brad. Thanks for the samples

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-10-2001 10:03 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad: Hook me up!

-Aaron

Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to chime in with the shameless, "Me too!"

Larry Davis
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 10:12 PM      Profile for Larry Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. Thanks for the sample!

Bob Minge
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for Bob Minge   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Minge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes please send me the sample. Thanks.

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 10:50 PM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send a set!

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 11:29 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me see the new type!!! Thanks!!! John

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: