Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Sync button-- accidentally pushed--how to fix

Author Topic: Sync button-- accidentally pushed--how to fix
Bob Minge
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 02:36 PM      Profile for Bob Minge   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Minge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know, on a Strong X-90 with SPA-7 Automation, how to turn OFF the Sync button if it was hit accidentally?? He (another manager in our chain...no really! I will fess up to other fat finger blunders but not this one)can run the projector manually, but not on auto and would like to know how to fix it. It does not say in the book how to UNDO the sync button. Thanks

------------------
Bob Minge
Manager/Projectionist
Westridge Cinema 5
Fergus Falls, MN
http://geocities.com/lakesandriverscinema/westridge_cinema_5.html

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 04:55 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just hit it again.

The Sync Button is a select/deselect button. To turn it off, just hit it again. If the wire isn't run to the next machine and the Sync Button isn't selected on that machine as well, nothing will happen. The Sync Button is just so you can interlock one print in to two, or more auditoriums.

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 10:55 PM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian is the answer man. That button should deselect after it's pushed again. The only other thing that might stop it is the plastic bezel around the button -- that might make it sticky, but should be easy to loosen up.

I take it "SYNC" is not used too often? All the automation is looking for, even if it's not actually interlocked to another automation but SYNC is active, is a "Cue 0" to start the presentation after the projector is up and running.

Pat

Bob Minge
Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 11:18 PM      Profile for Bob Minge   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Minge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ian and Pat. No, the only time in our chain of theaters we use a sync is to wash our hands. At the time of the call I had 175 8th graders trying to get treats for their special show of THE GRINCH, so I THINK he said it wouldn't undo...or something like that. Will find out thur when I call him back. Thanks again.

------------------
Bob Minge
Manager/Projectionist
Westridge Cinema 5
Fergus Falls, MN

Bob Minge
Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2001 11:41 PM      Profile for Bob Minge   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Minge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update. It seems that they (MTS) over the phone, tracked it down to a fuse in a remote location on a board, and had him replace it with a slow burner fuse. Now his sync button works, but his run and stop button do not. Sounds like Harold (my resident ghost) has a relative in his theater. I am sure MTS will track it down for him as they do good work for us. (Yes TJ, that was a plug....do I get a free phone call now?? )

------------------
Bob Minge
Manager/Projectionist
Westridge Cinema 5
Fergus Falls, MN

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: