Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinema Star Chapter 11

Author Topic: Cinema Star Chapter 11
William Dickson
Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2001 11:51 AM      Profile for William Dickson   Email William Dickson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI for people discussing Cinema Star closing University Village and trashing the place. On Friday Jan.5, the Riverside CA Press Enterprise business section had an article that Cinema Star had filed chapter 11 which would mean that if they lose the court case against their landlords they might not have to pay the full settlement. Makes me wonder if they knew they were filing when they ransacked their closed location. Would help it explain their actions (though still immature).

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-07-2001 03:31 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a blurb I got in my email Friday night.

*** CinemaStar Luxury Theaters files for bankrupcty

CINEMASTAR LUXURY THEATRES INC. announced on Friday that it filed a voluntary petition to reorganize its business under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The company said it has been negatively impacted by the recent overbuilding in the theater industry and the resulting intense competition for movie patrons. CinemaStart said it determined that bankruptcy reorganization is the most efficient means for the company to restructure or terminate uneconomical
theater leases, and to position the company for success in the movie exhibition industry. The company said it plans to continue operations at a majority of its theaters as it completes the reorganization process. (Reuters 04:55 PM ET 01/05/2001)

Full article at: http://www.infobeat.com/fullArticle?article=-1741794047

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: