Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ShoWest 2001 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: ShoWest 2001
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2001 01:09 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I’ll start this thread.

Who’s going to ShoWest?

Ky and I will be there Monday March 5th through Thursday March 8th. We will be staying at the Bourbon Street Inn as we did last year. Once again I invite you all to the ShoWest/Film-Tech drink. We should pick a time early in the evening just after the trade show ends to meet and merry. Usually Tuesday or Wednesday is good. We will just have to discuss it here.

The ShoWest web address is http://www.showest.com/

There is a schedule of events on the website. Some events you can get into with a trade show guest pass but most events you would need a full pass which can cost as much as $700. Many films the public can buy tickets for after the pass holders have had a shot at the; Especially the screenings at the Century Theatre.

I recommend you stay at an inexpensive hotel like the Bourbon Street, which is directly across Flamingo Ave from Bally’s/Paris where the convention is held. You can ask one of your friends who works for someone who is exhibiting on the trade show floor if they can get you a guest pass. You may have to reimburse them the cost of the guest pass. Last year, I believe it was $75. This is a time-honored way to see the trade show without ponying up $700.

We hope to see many more Film-Tech people at ShoWest this year and hopefully our fearless leader, Brad Miller.

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-05-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on being there, now to get the company to assist with the payment

Aaron

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-05-2001 07:23 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there!

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2001 11:12 AM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All things in order, I should be there as well. See ya!

Mark DeLettera
Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2001 01:04 PM      Profile for Mark DeLettera   Email Mark DeLettera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am planning on attending SHOWEST this year, along with John Pytlak.
We will be discussing this event as soon as John gets back from the ITEA conference in LA.

------------------
Mark DeLettera
Eastman Kodak Co.
Worldwide Technical Svs.
Rochester, NY
mark.delettera@kodak.com
716-588-4189

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-08-2001 01:31 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the "new guy". I'll be staying here to man the fort while everybody else goes.

Okay, actually I went home for Christmas and my boss covered my theatres for me. In order to pay him back, I'm covering for him when he goes to Vegas.

I hope somebody will take pictures and stuff and post them. At least that way, those of us that didn't go can have a "Virual Sho-West".

David M. Huskinson
Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for David M. Huskinson   Email David M. Huskinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If all goes right I should be running one of the booths with the guys from Boston Light & Sound along with long time IA member Frank Schmidlin. Where are you guys gonna meet for drinks?

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2001 06:11 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave! I'm planning on coming down at least for a couple of days at the trade-show to visit old friends!!! Keep me posted on where we can meet! I'm going to miss Max this year! See ya!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-09-2001 08:09 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be staying at the WestwardHo from sunday the 4th till the 8th any sujestions on a filmtech night yet. Maybe we should get a corporate sponsor for the evening

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-09-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo Davie!

Sure wish I could join you and the BL&S guys again. Ainiku, I'll be in this cubicle doing software stuff instead of projection stuff. Have a pint for me will you?

Paulie

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-09-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Will I be there? Who knows. The date is conflicting with my move (just like last year) and will be interfering with 2 installation jobs. It just all depends on if I can maneuver things a few days to get away.

Of course the best part is only one person that will be attending knows what I look like (and that person knows better than to spoil the fun).

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2001 10:40 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad! Speaking of 'what you look like' isn't it about time you add your mug shot to the threads!!! As for showest, I am booked to stay at the Barbary Coast, across the street from the MGM (hilton?) See ya all there!

------------------
John Eickhof President, Chief Slave
Northwest Theatre Equipment Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 258
Wendell, ID. 83355-0258
208-536-5489
email: jeickhof@nteequip.com

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-09-2001 10:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope! Haven't had my fun at ShoWest yet. Besides, I made a deal that I would post mine when half of the members sent in theirs. It's been working pretty good so far, but we're not there yet.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-10-2001 12:07 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The GF and I are at Bourbon Street... Gotta get the plane tix now...

-Aaron

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2001 01:01 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's time to plan for the ShoWest Drink. John Pytlak, Mark Delettera, Aaron Siesmore, Ky Boyd and I were all there last year. I hope to meet many more of you this year.

John, what about Wednesday, March 7th, after the trade show?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: