Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie AW1 connections??

Author Topic: Christie AW1 connections??
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2000 02:53 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got an old AW1 that works relatively well, however the "pinned connectors" inside the platter support arms are cracked and now fall off down inside the main column. The main connector which connects it to the MUT is also broken.

The electrical connections make contact, but I'm tired of the wires hanging out and falling off.

Since replacing the platter is on hold until our theatre is built, how is the best way to fix these things?

|  IP: Logged

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2000 10:47 PM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, all the plugs and sockets are standard Jones plugs and sockets, you should be able to get them from most electronics/ electrical suppliers.

------------------
PROJECTIONISTS LOVE THIER CRAFT.
KANDY BAR KIDS JUST GET PAID.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-23-2000 11:19 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, get yourself a free catalog from Mouser Electronics, if you don't already:
www.mouser.com

They have the biggest selection and best prices going, on electronic components of all kinds! I can MAIL them an order on Monday, and have a UPS package on my doorstep Friday. They're very good.

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-24-2000 02:20 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, You can also call them and have it the next day, no waiting till Friday and the weekend to just put off what you will have to do on Monday.......Who uses mail in this electronic world anymore anyway?
Mark

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-25-2000 03:12 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark. I was only giving that as an example, to show just how good their service REALLY is.

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: