Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need a Smart MOD IIV manual.

Author Topic: Need a Smart MOD IIV manual.
Aaron Flack
Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2000 02:00 PM      Profile for Aaron Flack   Email Aaron Flack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last few months I've been learning as much as I can by reading our Smart processor manual, since our technitian won't try and fix a problem unless he knows specifically what it is. Besides the fact that one processor has been having multiple problems, I have tried to keep the three others running as best I can. Unfortunately, our manual suddenly disappeared overnight and I have looked everywhere for it. None of the staff claimed to have taken it, but I'm sure one idiot did.

Anyway, how can I get a copy of the MOD IIV manual mailed to my theater? If possible, I would like to get manual of the MOD IIIB F/S processor if there is one.
I will give the address to mail to:
Aaron Flack
622 Northgate Mall
Hixson, TN 37415

|  IP: Logged

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2000 04:14 PM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,

Go to this address and download the manual: http://www.smartdev.com/pdf/mod3-1.pdf

All our on-line manuals are at http://www.smartdev.com/library.htm

Also, please call me if I can help in any way with your problems.

Best regards,

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

Aaron Flack
Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2000 04:26 PM      Profile for Aaron Flack   Email Aaron Flack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oscar,
None of the older manuals will download. I've tried several times but it won't work.

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2000 06:46 AM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,

NONE will download? This is strange. As I place each manual on line, I then download it to make sure it is OK. I may not have done this step on one or two manuals, but I have certainly tried it on almost every one. I know that Ken Layton had a problem with this too, and I am not sure if he got it resolved. I ended up e-mailing him a manual he needed.

What browser are you using and what version of Acrobat Reader? I have created the pdf files of the manuals with Acrobat 4, but I have also viewed every one with Acrobat 3 just to make sure they were compatible.

What kinds of error messages are you getting?

Anyone else have this problem? Let me know please.

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

Trevor Bailey
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 12:29 PM      Profile for Trevor Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email Trevor Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received a broken link message on the mod 4 parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. I was able to get part 5 without any problem. All others that I tried worked fine as well.

Aaron Flack
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 02:52 PM      Profile for Aaron Flack   Email Aaron Flack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got the old manuals to download. My internet connection is so slow, sometimes it won't fully download a large pdf.

Aaron Flack
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 03:01 PM      Profile for Aaron Flack   Email Aaron Flack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MOD IIV manual is the only manual that won't work. The "Document Was Not Found".

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2000 06:11 AM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,

You said MOD IIV manual. There is no such number. Do you mean MOD IV (MOD 4)?

Trevor said he had problems with the MOD IV manual which I will try to get checked out this weekend if I get the time.

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2000 08:22 AM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have the MOD IV manual files straightened out. For those who had problems, please try again, and please let me know if there are any more problems. The manual site is http://www.smartdev.com/library.htm

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: