Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP500 non-sync...

Author Topic: CP500 non-sync...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-05-2000 02:04 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a cp500 which has a problem with its non-sync1 format (CD)

The right channel comes and goes (fades in for 10 mins then goes for one minute then fades back again) I've swapped the card and the problem does not follow the card. The source is definately there, but I can't pursuade it to hang around for too long...

Anyone experienced this previously?

|  IP: Logged

Tim Killen
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2000 10:01 PM      Profile for Tim Killen   Email Tim Killen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear John,

Couple of things you could try, Instead of using N/S 1 try N/S 2 input, another thing you could try is the way you decode, you could try pro logic or Lt Rt Direct and see if this helps, to do this consult your installation manual. Lastly I would double check the CD player, running direct output to separate speakers just in case it could be the player

Hope this helps you out

Tim Killen

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-15-2000 01:29 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tim

I've already tried the different formats. Non-sync 2 is used for the Talkie Tape so that's not an option unfortunately.

The fault is definately within the 500 as swapping the inputs to the 500 from the cd doesn't change a thing on the 500 it's always the right channel.

Something I've noticed this week though...it can be absent all morning during maintainance time but once a session has been run...it's back. This happens every morning.

Curious...

Ken Jacquart
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2000 09:37 PM      Profile for Ken Jacquart   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Jacquart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Assuming that your optical formats are okay, your NS2 format is okay and reversing your inputs maintains problem on right channel, I would think your problem may be on the Cat. No. 681 card. Try swapping it out if you can...

ken

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: