Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Interesting Film-guard observation

Author Topic: Interesting Film-guard observation
Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2000 10:23 PM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am assuming that it is bottled in Colorado at their altitude.

By the time we get it the bottles are a bit "scrunched" by the change in atmospheric pressure.

Has anyone else noticed this, or do I have way too much free time?

It's no big deal, once you open the bottle it re-inflates!

Russ

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-11-2000 10:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It has to do with how long the bottle has been sealed. You can actually tell how long the bottle was sitting on the dealer's shelf, or here from the date of it's bottling.

We're working on using getting flourination added to the next batch to prevent that.

Nic Margherio
Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2000 12:37 AM      Profile for Nic Margherio   Email Nic Margherio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we are on the subject, I too have a (small) complaint about the packaging of FilmGuard. The last three or four shipments I have recieved have the new (?) blue lettering on the bottle that doesn't stick worth a darn. Handle the bottle once and it is all over your hands. May be it was just a one time thing and my supplier hasn't sold all the bottles yet, I don't know. Like I said, a ver small thing, but something I was curious about nonetheless.

BTW, my supplier is NCS in Cincinnati.

Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2000 12:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, you cannot add floride. Floride is how the communists are taking over. It will sap and inpurify, all of my precious bodily fluids. That is why I only drink rain water and grain alcohol.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-12-2000 07:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The printing was a one time major screwup of the printers and will be the last time that company gets my business. There were a few thousand bottles printed with that horrible ink.

By the way, what I meant was we are checking out having the BOTTLES flourinated.

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2000 08:56 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin: 'Gentlemen...you can't fight here. This is the War Room!'

Others (including Kevin) - the bottle I received had that printing which came off onto my hands and also came scrunched. The actual FilmGuard was superb, however!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-13-2000 09:57 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else think that the best part of the Film Guard bottle is the "not to be taken internally" disclaimer? I don't know what Brad's lawyers are talking about, but I drink the stuff every morning with breakfast, and I feel clean and static-free all day!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-13-2000 07:01 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right! You should never take Filmguard internally! My God! Are you crazy?...

Walk OUTSIDE first...THEN take it.

Chris Erwin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2000 08:37 PM      Profile for Chris Erwin   Email Chris Erwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another interesting observation on Film-Guard...

I called someplace to check on having some stuff printed on 35mm. I asked if it came un-Scotch-Guarded. They asked why, and I told them I wanted to use Film-Guard in my booth. They were questioning me on what was "Film-Guard". I gave 'em the url,and told 'em to check it out.

I thought most everybody knew of this stuff in theater circles.

--Chris

Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 12:24 AM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would be amazed at how little most people in theatres know about any product on the market. Many people think that splicing tape is splicing tape. That one brand is just like any other. Same with film media, cue tape, lens cleaner. It says that it will do the job, so people believe it and buy the cheapest they can find.

Actually, I have been recommending film guard to every theatre that I service. I consider my self to be very picky about my recommendations, so most of them have been trying it. So far everyone agrees that it works well.

And Brad, are you being suckered by the conspiracy. That is how they get you to think that they are not sapping all of your bodily fluids. After all it would not be difficult mein furher, I mean Mr. President.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: