Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Festival needs 35mm prints of Tron and Metropolis

Author Topic: Festival needs 35mm prints of Tron and Metropolis
Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 07-24-2000 06:35 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a bit off topics of the forum, but the Telluride Tech Festival has need to screen 35mm prints of Metropolis (original with soundtrack or Morodor version) and Tron. If you're interested in making a few bucks and get program credit and have the Festival pay shipping and take care of your print for a single screening on Aug 11, 12 or 13, please email:

bfdeal@rmi.net
Jim Bedford
970-728-1700

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-24-2000 07:27 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that the Moroder version of Metropolis is commercially available (not sure from whom, though). The Coolidge Corner Theatre shows a pretty decent print of it periodically, with live accompaniment from the Alloy Orchestra. You might try giving them a call to see where the print came from.

I vaguely remember reading that a new 70mm mag-striped print of Tron was struck within the last couple of years...

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 07-24-2000 09:38 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there was a single 70mm mag print of 'Tron' struck for a special screening at the El Capitan last summer.

The only privately owned 35mm print ot Tron that I know of may not be good enough for you to run at the festival. as there is an issue with some fading, and it is mono. (but it does have the 'prologue' that the early prints did not have, and the cool original attached 'EPCOT Center-Opening October 1982' trailer

Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: