Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » RED LIGHT FOR OLD BAUER PROJECTORS ?

Author Topic: RED LIGHT FOR OLD BAUER PROJECTORS ?
Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 03:24 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it goodbye now for all those nice old Bauer's (B11, B12, B14), or are there any sign of red light equipment for these...??

Per

|  IP: Logged

Stefan Scholz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 05:00 PM      Profile for Stefan Scholz   Author's Homepage   Email Stefan Scholz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, there are red light laser from us, from Ernemann and other methods of conversions (modified Cinemecano Jaxlight from USL).
My Bauer U2's use laser diodes. For the B12 with the original retroscanning soundhead the solution is more difficult. Jasxlight will work, but easier is the use of the Klangfilm soundreader.
I recommend to go to Laser, as the original slitlenses from Hensoldt (they look like precise Leits or Zeiss parts) are sometimes real crappy, and only fulfill US standards. Academy response. Continental European mono sound was always full frequency (12 kHz).
The Klangfilm is oK, but Laser is better.

For B12 yoy might be able to use the B14/ U 2 laser kit with standard cell bracket. For detailed information you may contact me.

Philippe Laude
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2000 12:35 AM      Profile for Philippe Laude   Email Philippe Laude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per,

I run a Bauer B11 with a Klangfilm reader modified into reverse scan, using Dolby parts originally designed for Cinemeccanica projectors. The mod was made by the belgian Cinemeccanica importer "ARC", it works very fine though the mod would have looked prettier if I had done it myself (I didn't know how to handle the transformation).
Cost of the parts (I didn't pay the labour): About 500 Euros.
I hope this helps.

Philippe

------------------

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: