Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Advertising on Film-Tech

Author Topic: Advertising on Film-Tech
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-19-2000 04:38 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad,
Have you considered having a delaer/manufacturer advertising page..or pages on this site to defray the costs of running this? GTS would certainly be one of the first to advertise if you did.
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-19-2000 06:11 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I would like to see is a "press release" page or something similar where manufactures could submit news and information, as well as PDF version of their flyers. Christie has expressed interest in this. I think it would be useful since we could offer immediate "publication" world-wide.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-19-2000 06:46 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christie has expressed interest in this
Joe I bet I can already see the one that you and Brad will write for them

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-19-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
I am thinking in terms of a page for advertising for dealers and manufacturers. For instance like the ads in the local theater convention guides that we pay for. Say if it cost a dealer 30 bucks a month or something. With all the hits this site gets it would be worthwhile to offer this. Our company has gotten allot of buisness from this site and we are much appreciative. In other words, we would have no problem with paying to be here. This would be a paid for thing to help support this site. I think a press release thingy would be good too.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-19-2000 11:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I am considering that idea. I am not pleased with the way the banner ads are slowing down the page loading and will be trying a couple of different aspects to offset the cost of the site so I may rid the site of these annoying things.

Although this is not ready to roll just yet (we must test everything to make absolute certain there are no bugs), the idea is that since I have severely overbuilt the new Film-Tech servers (and I do mean SERIOUSLY OVERBUILT in terms of speed and storage), we hope to offer web hosting to "any movie related site" at an extraordinarily inexpensive rate with exceedingly high storage space and bandwidth allowances. By "any movie site", I mean cinema dealers, cinema equipment manufacturers, theatre websites (independent and chain), all the way down to personal websites that have something to do with movies in some fashion (even a site on movie posters would be included). As an added bonus, everyone on the Film-Tech web site network would be listed on a special link page here, further promoting their site. Full www.yoursite.com addresses and email would also be part of the deal.

So the big question to everyone with a web site out there (not including those free banner sites that are incredibly slow with painfully restrictive storage limitations) is...how much are you paying? What is your storage allotment? Are there any bandwidth restrictions? I want to be able to help out fellow movie related sites by offering webhosting that no other host can compare to. Answers to those questions will help to determine a couple of webhosting packages that can not be beat anywhere else. The profit from it would be for offsetting the cost of keeping this site up and any extra money would be put into the site for new additions as well as making sure the Film-Tech servers are the fastest possible.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-20-2000 01:25 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 20meg of iDisk that I can store both web pages and files on. Updating my site is pretty much "drag and drop".

e-mail and iDisk are free. You can buy more space if you want. You just have to be running OS 9.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: