Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SMART Product Manuals

Author Topic: SMART Product Manuals
Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2000 03:02 PM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At long last, SMART is beginning to get some of the older product manuals up on the SMART web site. As of today, I have 2 older manuals posted, the EQ600 and the SG1130B/BX.

These files will also be given to Brad Miller so he can post them here on the Film-Tech Manuals section. Many thanks to Brad for the tips on getting these old manuals converted to pdf format.

These manuals were never in computer form, so they had to be scanned in order to be converted to pdf format. Therefore, the file sizes are somewhat larger than computer-originated manuals and the quality is not quite as good. But they are still quite usable and should help out anyone needing these manuals.

It is my intention to post 3 to 5 of these older manuals per week until I have them all done. If you need a particular manual, let me know and I will try to get that one done quickly.

The SMART web address for manuals is http://www.smartdev.com/library.htm

Best regards,

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-16-2000 03:41 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oscar the only complaint I have had with the manuals posted at smart is the lack of the schematics
When one is out in the field fixing something and don't have the current drawing (some of the printed manuals didn't always match the installedcards) make life hell (and usually a phone call)
But all info is helpfull

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a suggestion would be to have the schematics available as a seperate download.

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2000 04:24 PM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am including the schematics for these old manuals, although due to the large file sizes, I may be breaking some of the manuals up into sections. You can download only what you need that way.

I will also be posting, as time permits, the schematics for the newer manuals too although again, they may be in separate sections for downloading ease.

Hope that helps,

Oscar

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: