Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » PROJECTIONIST WANTED - Northern California

Author Topic: PROJECTIONIST WANTED - Northern California
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-11-2000 01:18 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We want to get the word out that we have an opening, and THIS is the best place we could think of to let all the experienced projectionists know.

We're looking for an experienced projectionist to work as Head Projectionist at our Sebastopol Cinema 9, located in Downtown Sebastopol, about an hour north of San Francisco.

This position would be PROJECTION only, no Management involved. Wages commensurate with experience, etc. etc. If anybody is interested, drop me a line.

Thanks.

------------------
Scott D. Neff
----------------
www.cinema-west.com

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2000 06:20 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm a projectionist. I live 10 miles from the Sebastopole Cinemas 9.

Oh darn, I already have a job.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-11-2000 06:27 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are things not going so well at the Rialto Ian??? Needing a supplemental income??? :P

------------------
Scott D. Neff
----------------
www.cinema-west.com

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2000 10:02 PM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd bite, and you've even got me at a great time - but it's a Sydney thing

...and no greencard or citizenship, although a case could be made that it was necessary to 'import' someone...

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2000 12:10 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Some of the advantages are that Sonoma County is one of the more beautiful places in California. Sebasotopol is very near San Francisco(a world class city). Of course you live in a world class city and I think it is very beautiful around Sidney.

Some of the disadvatages are that houses here cost more than a few dead relatives and you can't swim at the beaches in Northern California. Kinotones are in short supply.

I'm still looking to do a projectionist trade. You come here and live in my house and run my booth. I go there, live in your house and run your booth. What do you think?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-14-2000 04:29 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,

as much as you think you'd like to work where Michael works (one of them, anyway) believe me...you don't.

Although at the good one you'd get to run some great titles you'd probably already be familiar with like Some Like It Hot, Manhattan, Nasville and Chinatown...

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-14-2000 07:58 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ill take the job... but I get free prostitutes...

and 100 grand a year.. plus you have to buy me whatever I want... and... oh I am awake now... where am i... lala land.. oh yaeh....

dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: