Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Logos (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Logos
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 01:02 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two Dolby Logos that I use in my web-site. I have

That I use when I am showing a Dolby digital film and I have

that I use the rest of the time.

What I need and desire is a Dolby SR logo. I still want to push that our films are in SR if they aren't presented in Digital. I have scoured the Dolby website and logo CD-ROM in search of a Dolby SR logo and have been unsuccessful.

What other logos might you all have that may be of use to the collective?

Please help.

Ian

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 01:17 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't you just scan the SR logo from a piece of Dolby literature?

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 01:26 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I could.

If I had a scanner and the piece of Dolby literature.

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 01:45 AM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby doesn't use a dedicated SR logo these days. The lower one of your logos is supposedly used for both A and SR, according to Dolby's press kits. In real life, they frequently use it for Dolby Digital as well.

A shame, really, since I really like their old SR logo.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 02:32 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Proof that I am a web packrat - is this what you were looking for Ian?

-sean

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-05-2000 08:29 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay does any one have a scan of the older 70mm logo

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 01:21 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sean Weitzel,

Thanks, that is just the one I want. Now all I have to do is turn off IE5 and turn on Netscape so I can capture this little logo.

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 02:56 PM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really, REALLY, like the look of the SR logo. Now, why can't Dolby make something like that for SR-D? Today's Dolby logos have a stripped look to them, as if something was missing. Dolby, yes, we know, but Dolby WHAT?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-05-2000 05:22 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are missing the "Stereo" from the logo. I guess Dolby figures that since STEREO indicates 2-channel, that it shouldn't be included. Maybe instead of the old "Dolby Stereo Digital" logo, they should come up with a "Dolby Sextophonic Digital"

I agree that the older logos look much cooler.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 08:23 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, what would the "Dolby Sex" logo look like?

------------------
Dave Bird

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2000 11:20 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby sex?

For one thing it will be very quiet.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-06-2000 02:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex is quiet?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-06-2000 03:33 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No good. "Dolby Sextophonic" would refer to 6 channels and "Dolby Surround EX" is often referred to as "Dolby Sex".

Dave Cutler
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2000 10:30 AM      Profile for Dave Cutler   Email Dave Cutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, I wish I had "Dolby Sex."

Actually I though Stereo originally meant that you were using more than one channel, not necessarily meaning 2 channels. Over time Stereo got associated with 2 channel audio, so Dolby decided to drop the Stereo from their name so as to not confuse the public. True?

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2000 07:35 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I was hopeing for, a listing of all the logos that we have.

I still need a DTS logo for the time when we get our fist DTS print.

Here are all my logos.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: