Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Improvements to the Rialto

Author Topic: Improvements to the Rialto
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2000 04:54 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we have finished the improvements to the Rialto.

I installed JBL speakers behind the screens of our two little houses. Gary installed three new soundsystems and two new (20 year old ) Kelmar Maxi 10C automations.

Gary installs CP500D in house #2. Photo taken from my digital camera and then cropped and reduced.

The "new" Kelmar Maxi 10C automation taken with Gary's Sony Mavica Digital Camera.

"New" dimmer and New soundrack. Ultra JS200, Custom sound format switch panel, Component Enginering ML55 monitor, BGW Amp, QSC 1400 Amp, Kelmar exciter lamp supply.

Man this camera sucks. All I need now is a 50mm lens, two QSC 1400 amps would make us complete and another ML55 monitor.

Ian

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-03-2000 03:45 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian-

Your camera beats the hell out of Gary's, which can only hold 1.44 megs of info MAX. Did you take that picture right after you shot Gary with a tranquilizer dart? He looks jizzed!

That automation is the exact same automation that I used at the almighty Mann Kipling Place 6! Waitaminute... that mark on that automation in your picture.... I CAUSED THAT! That's my automation! Beware, as that particular unit (the one with the mark) likes to start fires, and in fact burned down the building twice.

What is this doing on the forum? The Picture Warehouse has sped itself up. the turnaround time is only 4 months now.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2000 03:38 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary looks like that because he kept leaving the building for attitude ajustments.

The Kelmar Maxi 10C automations were a strange find because they carry Gary's signature on the back plate. Gary last worked for Kelmar 20 years ago. Gary built these automations then.

The rest of the equipment came out of a Hong Kong theatre that was doing sound upgrades one year after it opened. They wanted all new equipment, so thanks.

It is such a nice change to have the automation switch off the show and to not have to be there at show end.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-04-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me about it! We were running my theatre manually (16 screens) for awhile when Bevan came out and broke our automations! Working automation sure is nice!!!

(Just kidding, Bevan)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: