Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Make-up tables (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Make-up tables
James Dunn
Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2000 04:33 PM      Profile for James Dunn   Email James Dunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently opened a new theatre and we've got a Christie makeup and teardown table. It's a double-decker with 2 mini platters on it. I'm not sure what the model # is off the top of my head (sorry), I'll try to post it soon. Has anyone on here had any experience with these things? Nobody else that transfered in with me has had any experience with one and it's giving us a lot of trouble. We're building onto Christie platters so you would think everything would be compatible, but the films getting wound way too tight. I've tried pulling the film off the reels both directions but only one way seems right to use the braking system on the table. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-29-2000 06:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's this thing, right?

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 06-30-2000 12:27 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a LARGE take-up ring I see on the middle deck of that AW3?

Does Christie ACTUALLY make those for switching out trailers?!?! If so... where can I get one and how much do those puppies cost?!!? That's a really good idea -- and would save a lot of headache.

------------------
Scott D. Neff
----------------
www.cinema-west.com

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-30-2000 01:23 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes they do make a big ring. It is 23" in diameter and it's part number is

196300-001

It carries a list price of $80.00 each You and your dealer may haggle out "your" price or you can e-mail me and we can work out your price.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-30-2000 02:57 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott-

I will be reviewing that large ring in the next month or so (not this coming month). It can be used for more than just changing trailers.

Travis Cape
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2000 03:31 PM      Profile for Travis Cape   Email Travis Cape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is amazing what you can learn on here. I want on of those 23" rings.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-01-2000 02:00 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want a few of those rings...

And one of those new MUT's....

And 12 removable brain kits --- all for free!!!

Could the magic Christie Parts fairy please leave them under my pillow?!

Are the new MUTs compatible with older AW3's??

------------------
Scott D. Neff
----------------
www.cinema-west.com

James Dunn
Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2000 03:49 AM      Profile for James Dunn   Email James Dunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Brad. That's exactly it. The makeup table and the platter system that you're showing are what I'm using and I'm having a he** of a time with 'em. Is there supposed to be that much drag in the system? Every movie that we're making up with those things is pulling really tight. too tight.

Michael Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2000 05:05 AM      Profile for Michael Cunningham   Email Michael Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey James,

Check to see if anything is causing drag on the MUT disks. Possible causes : motors engaged, that breaking system you mentioned in an earlier post, etc. If the disk cannot be freely spun, you cannot load a print from it.

-Mike

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-01-2000 08:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to overlook anything obvious...

Are you making up off of the correct spindle (one is for make up and one is for breakdown, as I understand it...I haven't personally used it) The one for breakdown would have quite a bit of drag from the breakdown motor. And when breaking down from an AW3, you MUST depress the MakeUp button on the "tree" of the platter or the platter motor itself will put too much tension on the film.

It is also possible that there is something wrong with your make up table (ie wire came off of a switch or the switch is wired improperly. I had it happen on a Xetron make up table and it caused the problem you describe)

Steve

------------------

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-01-2000 02:33 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on Steve-- you're trying to tell us that you haven't used the new MUT? It looks like a little platter! Now it is public knowledge on how much you love platters. Since this thing looks like a little mini-platter, I'm surprised that you didn't buy two or three of them for your own private collection.

Speaking of which, when is the Steve Guttag Platter Museum set to open?

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 07-01-2000 10:51 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Said:
"It looks like a little platter!"

Yep, I think Christie s going to market it as the MicrowindŽ...for those [/b]REALLY[/b} cramped booths!

Aaron

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-02-2000 12:23 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Actually, the museum is finished and empty at the same time!

Steve

------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2000 01:21 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Send us pics Steve! Make sure you enclose captions as well.

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-02-2000 12:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...here they are:

<oooooh, ahhhhh> <- Captions

Steve

------------------

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: