Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Booth Posistions in IL

Author Topic: Booth Posistions in IL
Brian Grojean
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2000 07:07 PM      Profile for Brian Grojean   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Grojean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm absolutely fed up with AMC Theatres, i have to say that the booth manager at Cantera 30 is very intelligent and he runs a tight department, however, they employ regular concessionist to work PT in booth! No wonder we have so many scratched prints in this world! If there is anyone out there in Northern Illinois who is looking for an excellent projectionist (only 18 Y/O been in booth for 1 year and learned quickly) please e-mail me. Thank you

------------------
You land a million planes safely, but one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it!

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 06-25-2000 05:35 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you willing to commute?

Dave Cutler
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2000 01:09 PM      Profile for Dave Cutler   Email Dave Cutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, I know how you feel. I am a Booth Manager with AMC and I constantly have to wrestle with the higher ups for better staff and higher wages. They don't let me staff correctly they constantly cut my budget, and then they expect perfect results, HA!

If you moved down south I would have a job for you at BarryWoods 24 in Kansas City.

------------------
Dave Cutler
15/70 projectionist &
Booth Manager at a 24-plex
Kansas City, MO

"Do or do not, there is no try."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: