Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » MORE PICS!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: MORE PICS!!
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 06-08-2000 01:34 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see more booth pics in the Warehouse.

I haven't been able to do my share of "theatre dorking" this year. so I haven't been in other people's booths.

HELP satisfy my curiousity - more pics!!!

-Scott

(If there are more pics - and Brad is too busy to deal with them - I understand - I will wait patiently)

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-08-2000 01:48 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
There are more pics, but Brad is swamped right now. They are coming.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-08-2000 08:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad,
Go ahead and post the Cinema Museum pics even if they are not captioned. I faxed you the brochure from the museum so this would give a little insight at least. This would also allow everyone to name those all those machines. And since allot of them are foreign this will allow your foreign people to give us more insight than even the museum people could.
Mark

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2000 02:11 PM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get the AGA pics I emailed to you, Brad? If you did, are they of any use?

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2000 04:07 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get my pictures and captions for the Skyscape cinema installation in London Brad?.

I expect they will appear on the Picture Warehouse in time, have plenty more of projection rooms & Cinemas to send in!.

Joe Smith
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2000 09:11 PM      Profile for Joe Smith   Email Joe Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pics of a 50 year old mom-n-pop Drive-in and booth being re-opened in Lexington, Va. have been taken and will be emailed to Brad shortly (as soon as I decide which of the 60 or so are best to send)....

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me, or is Brad now referring to himself in 3rd person? <snicker> Sorry had to do it

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 06-08-2000 09:38 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John says Brad is. My God...it's catching!!!

-----------------------

GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!
George Costanza - Seinfeld

Ari Nordström
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2000 01:57 AM      Profile for Ari Nordström   Email Ari Nordström   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading this thread, you realise that you should probably dive into your old photo albums, scan a whole bunch of pics of old, long-gone theatres, and email them to Brad.

Reading this thread, you also realise that neither third nor second person works particularly well in a film tech forum.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-09-2000 04:24 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, but that fella is literally swamped right now with very pressing things. He told me he will get to it as soon as he gets a chance. In the meantime, everyone should still continue to send in pictures. They will go up eventually.

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2000 02:49 AM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Dole is waiting!!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-10-2000 08:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well.....he'll never be president so whats he waiting for? I thought he was doing a comedic routine with Jerry Seinfeld now????
Mark

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2000 09:08 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When i get my new screening room finished i'll borrow a digital camera and send the pic's to Brad, BTW it would be nice to see more pictures of small projection rooms.

BTW don't hold your breath regarding the pictures i'll take, as it probely will be early fall or later before i am finished

------------------
It's the new small talk. You do it so awfully well! - My Fair Lady

Marty Hacker
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2000 11:56 AM      Profile for Marty Hacker   Email Marty Hacker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stand by for the best run theater in the WORLD and yes its in TIJUANA, MEXICO. This booth is kept under laboratory dust-free and humidity conditions. Lab coats, gloves, hair nets etc are required as well. Pictures are otw soon I promise.

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2000 03:56 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the new pictures! i like that the Century-guys run Christie projectors

Like to see more small screening rooms

BTW what happent to the Film-tech screening room?? no longer here??

------------------
It's the new small talk. You do it so awfully well! - My Fair Lady

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: