Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » job opening (Cape Cod, MA.)

Author Topic: job opening (Cape Cod, MA.)
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-15-2000 01:20 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this sort of thing here (and I'm sure that Brad will delete this if it isn't).

Anyway, the Cape Cinema (see the picture gallery for pics) is pretty desperate for operators. I fill in occasionally there, but the two-hour commute is a bit rough. Anyway, this would be a great job for anyone who lives nearby. The place is open seasonally (April-October); it's a neat little art house venue that is very successful in the summer months. Management is good and programs change frequently.

Interesting tidbit: this is the theatre that hosted the world premiere of "Wizard of Oz" in 1939!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-15-2000 01:31 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those applying for the job on Cape Cod are required to read and memorize Trout's manual.
That is all..........

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2000 04:43 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My father has a house in Dennis, where the
Cape Cinema is located. I would love to operate that theatre. Unfortunatly, I own a cinema on the left coast. Good luck to whomever runs the place. Enjoy the beach and the Cape Playhouse.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-15-2000 05:56 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cape Playhouse is great, too!

I will be sending more pics of the Cape Cinema to Brad ASAP. This is a really fun place to work. It's about the only theatre that I know of that's worth driving two hours each way just to watch (or show) a couple of movies. The film selection is good and presentation is always top notch. The equipment is old, but has been maintained well over the years.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: