Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CLOSING THEATRES

Author Topic: CLOSING THEATRES
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 05-09-2000 04:51 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on everybody! With UA and Mann in serious financial trouble... we'd better rush out and get pics of all those theatres before they close or get sold to somebody else who might remove the bubble-gum and duct tape that holds the projectors together.

It's SOOOO much more fun to see pictures of run-down UA theatres than to see pics of boring booths with all Christie or Strong packages.

I wanna see me some booths that were scraped together - the kinds with 3 different types of platters and 3 styles of projectors. THOSE are the best! ;-)

(I don't know what's caused the sudden overwhelming enthusiasm... probably my upcoming trip to L.A. where I plan on getting to as many theatres as possible)

|  IP: Logged

William Dickson
Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2000 12:24 PM      Profile for William Dickson   Email William Dickson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just took some pictures of theaters that our company has taken over from Edwards and Premiere. While not as bad as you described they are pretty peiced together. Wait until you see the spaghetti wiring in the back of the sound racks on the theaters from Premiere. I will try to get them to Brad soon for posting.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-09-2000 06:00 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen spagetti wiring in in racks at brand new Edwards theaters! Must be related to eating too much spagetti or something.
Burp!
Mark

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2000 08:55 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there cigarette butts put out in the backs of the sound racks , too, like on top of the amplifiers?

William Dickson
Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2000 06:52 PM      Profile for William Dickson   Email William Dickson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No cigarette butts but at the premiere Theater we had very few allen wrenches and socket heads until I cleaned out all the lamphouses. No lying, an average of four allen wrenches and 2 socket heads per lamphouse. My favorite part of the entire situation was that most of these didn't fit any nuts or bolts in the lamphouse!!!!!?????

Chris Wootten
Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2000 04:37 AM      Profile for Chris Wootten   Email Chris Wootten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how many pieces of granite hard chewing gum left stuck to evry nook and cranny ???????????

------------------
"I luv the smell of napalm in tha mornin !"

Keep Smiling......Chris

William Dickson
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2000 09:54 PM      Profile for William Dickson   Email William Dickson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite part of the Edwards was all the manuals for equipment we didn't have on this location and a lack of manuals for the equipment we actually had. I guess that was job security for their techs. If the manual wasn't around the projectionists wouldn't be able to take initiative and fix minor problems themselves. Thank goodness for the manual downloads page on this site.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: