Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The "Falls" theater in Brevard NC

Author Topic: The "Falls" theater in Brevard NC
Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2000 08:11 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I went into this theater for the first time Friday not to see a flick, but to set-up a small sound system and other equipment for a special show that the owner was doing.

The theater is very old and is a single screen. He is running current films and is the only theater in the county. Yesterday, he was running Erin B, and 28 Days, and another title that I did not see.

The auditorium is nice with a black and red color scheme. The lobby is clean and functional. I was told by the owner that the theater was twinned when he got it, and it was awful. It's too small to be a twin. 250 seats, I think...

Anyway, in the booth, he is using a newly installed Cinemeccanica Victoria 8 and a single pair of reels with the whole feature and trailers loaded on it. He loaded and ran a chunk of one of his movies for me to see. The screen image is sharp and bright. He is using 2500 watt xenon. He just converted his sound to the LED light source so this is not a problem. Most of the equipment in the sound racks is Kelmar stuff.

I believe his lenses were Schneiders.

I'm not around many theaters myself, but, this place is going to be a great place if he can keep the money flowing so he can continue upgrading everything.

Maybe we can take pictures one day and post them here.

The only thing he does wrong, (and he will probably kill me for this:) he uses yellow opaque tape at reel changes. It was very noticable at the change, at least to me.

Maybe there will be more on this later. I told him about this site and he was very interested. I hope we see posts from him very shortly.

Bruce

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-07-2000 06:18 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, let's get pictures! It's always nice to hear from people who do a great job with their presentations.

Perhaps he could fit the ultrasonic splicer into his budget.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: