Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » TEE SHIRTS!!!!!!!

Author Topic: TEE SHIRTS!!!!!!!
Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2000 10:39 PM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I know that I am a newbie here......

butt...

"Someone" brought up the possibility of tee-shirts!

I luvs free clothes!!!

If it helps, I have already submitted the PO# for some film guard! We should be ordering it from corporate.

Welcome to the industry! You might discover the most profound tool we will ever encounter, but tee-shirts never hurt!

I still wear my "Dolby SR" shirt to the pool every summer!!!

I will now apologize and promise to never be a sponsor again! (I just wanted a shirt)

Russ

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-02-2000 11:00 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice thought, but Dolby makes a bit more profit on selling equipment than we do from FilmGuard! On occasion we will do a couple of giveaways. The most recent was free cdroms of all the manuals on the site to the 30 people with the highest post counts. (Note: this is NOT a tip to "pad" your posts.)

Anyway from time to time we will do something like that. Perhaps we will do a giveaway where there is a coupon for a free T-shirt in random boxes of FilmGuard...you just never know!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2000 08:42 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I was not inferring that the Film-Tech t-shirts would and or should be free. They should retail for around 15.00 each, possibly higher. They should go for at least as much as Dolby's shirts. Brad....you might make more profit off this than Film-Guard. I'd be happy to buy a few from you. I would be willing to have a batch made up and handle it for you over our web site if you'd like. Since I am contemplating another batch of VV and Technirama shirts they would go well together on a page. Man you could even get ball caps made up too!! I did that for our crew on a 70mm 2001 showing once. Everyone looked real cool.
Mark

Harry Robinson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2000 09:34 AM      Profile for Harry Robinson   Email Harry Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, you can put me down for one each, VV, Technirama and Film-Tech T-Shirts at any reasonable price ($15 sounds about right). They'll go great with my Cinerama sweats. XXL.
Seriously, That sounds like great fun.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2000 11:36 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can get you the VV and Technirama but Brad still has to ok the Film-Tech shirts. It will be awhile before I get to them though.
Mark

Chris Wootten
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2000 05:26 AM      Profile for Chris Wootten   Email Chris Wootten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes....Yes.....Yes..... T-shirts..... As I said,requested, begged before......how 'bout our own "t" with itys own logo only for sale through this forum to us film handlers ????

------------------
"I luv the smell of napalm in tha mornin !"

Keep Smiling......Chris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: