Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 10,000th post!

Author Topic: 10,000th post!
Bryan Redemske
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2000 07:51 AM      Profile for Bryan Redemske   Email Bryan Redemske   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad, do i get anything for being the 10,000 post? film-tech t-shirt or something. i'd be the envy of...well...like two guys at the theatre. i promise i'll take good care of it, mister! i think my post on the 35mm mag was the big one.

wait a second, do you even have film-tech shirts?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-02-2000 01:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll send you a GTS t-shirt if you want one. The MTS guys around town would love that!
Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-02-2000 03:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Why in the world would you want a Film-Tech shirt when you have the personal satisfaction of being the person who made the 10,000th post? What could possibly be better than that!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-02-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the Film-Tech shirts are a very good idea. Film-Tech on the front and Film-Guard on the back!! Great advertisement at a low cost and its a deductable expense. Projectionists and theater employees could wear them to staff meetings with district managers and get the point across to use Film-Guard. My VistaVision and Super Technirama 70 t-shirts were a killer!
Mark

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-02-2000 05:54 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do I get a VistaVision T-shirt? I want one!

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-02-2000 06:06 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a American Cinematographer article about "Close Encounters.." that showed a picture of Speilberg wearing a Panavision shirt. I really wanted one. Now, I see you can just buy them from Panavision. Somehow, the thrill is gone....

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2000 07:53 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Panavision t-shirts are great, and they don't shrink even when you tumbel dry on High!

Anyone no were i can get a SuperPanavison70 t-shirt?

------------------
It's the new small talk. You do it so awfully well! - My Fair Lady

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2000 08:32 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may be able to tumble dry them on high but you still have to re-oil at every film reload. That makes wearing them a bit messy by the end of the day.
Mark

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2000 08:35 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,
I only have a few small VistaVision t-shirts left. I am all out of the Super Technirama 70 shirts to but I may run another batch of both. I had the VV shirts made up to give to editorial people when my vv machine is on films. They are white lettering on a blue shirt. They're VERY popular and when I wear one I always get asked where on can get one.
Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-03-2000 09:33 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mrk I want a VV shirt too. Maybe we should do Westrex ones as well

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2000 03:28 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord, I thought I gave you one a while back on one of my trips up there........If not I'll ad you to the list.
Mark

Bryan Redemske
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2000 04:48 PM      Profile for Bryan Redemske   Email Bryan Redemske   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, a film-tech shirt would be cool because who would believe me when i say that i made the post? now a t-shirt - nothing says truth like a t-shirt.

anybody else that wants to send a shirt may certainly do so. all i have to wear to work now are my black company-issued polo shirts. no variety at all!

Chris Wootten
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2000 05:20 AM      Profile for Chris Wootten   Email Chris Wootten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad......how about a T-shirt ???? I am sure there would be good demand.....something for us dedicated film handlers to show off ????

------------------
"I luv the smell of napalm in tha mornin !"

Keep Smiling......Chris

Bryan Redemske
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2000 06:46 AM      Profile for Bryan Redemske   Email Bryan Redemske   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if t-shirts don't work, you can always just make me an expert film-handler....skip the 40 or so posts inbetween....nah. i want a t-shirt!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-04-2000 07:44 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark you gave me a 2001 hat that guess who swipped
life just isn't fair

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: