Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ifriends

Author Topic: Ifriends
Mike Colley
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2000 07:39 PM      Profile for Mike Colley   Email Mike Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm I the only one, or are you guys getting an Ifriends banner ad on the forums page? What the hell?

------------------
Mike Colley
Regal Cinemas
Hollywood 24
Atlanta, GA

|  IP: Logged

Mike Colley
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2000 07:40 PM      Profile for Mike Colley   Email Mike Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the incorrect grammar. I must have had a brain fart.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-22-2000 12:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, please...WHAT THE HELL???

I'm not getting that and I've never programmed anything like that. Is anyone else getting advertisements on this site?

Mike, are you using a free internet service?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-22-2000 02:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never gotten any banners or ads on this site. That's one of its best features! Brad is correct, the only way to get ads on this site would be to use a free ISP (Internet Service Provider). If you do that, you get ads no matter what site you visit.

Could you e-mail Brad a picture of your screen? It is easy to take a snapshot of a Mac screen, but does anyone know of the correct method of capturing a PC screenshot into a JPG file?

Mike Colley
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2000 06:50 AM      Profile for Mike Colley   Email Mike Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I experienced looked like some sort of glitch. On the forums screen, inside the boxes listing forum titles, was a banner ad for Ifriends. A total of four ads. I would send a screen shot but everything seems to be normal today. And no, I am not using a free ISP. I've got Bellsouth.net. If I see it again, I'll send you a pic.

------------------
Mike Colley
Regal Cinemas
Hollywood 24
Atlanta, GA

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-22-2000 09:16 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although not directly related to this topic, I've read about some software (it's being called, "Phone Home Software" that comes with shareware/ freeware stuff. After you install some shareware/ freeware, it puts a file on your PC which allows "external" people to see what files you have and follow your internet usage.

While what Mike is describing is not quite the same as this, it's would not be a hard thing to do to actually put ads up on your screen.
http://grc.com/optout.htm

I haven't seen any ads here (thanks Brad!) so I woundn't be surprised if the ads are comming from within Mikes own PC, or from software on his PC which is allowing them to be downloaded.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: