Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trailer return reward=fraud?

Author Topic: Trailer return reward=fraud?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-02-2000 12:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for those of you who have always joked about Paramount's trailer return policy of awarding $50 randomly to 10 people each month possibly being a fraud...it's not.

I've always sent all trailers back regardless but low and behold, Paramount just sent me a letter to the theater telling me I was one of the recipients of their random drawing and to send them my personal mailing address for them to send a check to.

Thought I'd mention it here for all the doubters.

|  IP: Logged

Andy Davis
Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2000 12:50 AM      Profile for Andy Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Andy Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too was a disbeliever. I used to send back trailers religiously and one day I won $50 from Paramount. Too bad more companies don't do that.

Stefan Scholz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2000 08:19 AM      Profile for Stefan Scholz   Author's Homepage   Email Stefan Scholz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a nice way from Paramount, I like this. Here, they send a flyer with every trailer, promising a fine of $ 150, if trailer is not returned within reasonable time. I have never heard of any fine ever to be paid.
But why do they need trailers back, anyway.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-02-2000 01:09 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They probably want them back to prevent there sale on EBAY
they seem to have a absolute fear of film collectors even though when a restoration is done it is a print in private hands that usually saves the day

Chris Erwin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2000 09:24 PM      Profile for Chris Erwin   Email Chris Erwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, the collector's have the ONLY prints in which to strike new ones from. Now, trailers on the other hand...
they get sold on ebay,turned into poor man's leader film,and cut-up and given to kids for booth tours.

Besides being sold on ebay,I don't see why companies want 'em back.

--Chris

Andrew D'Vrey
Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2000 01:09 AM      Profile for Andrew D'Vrey   Email Andrew D'Vrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$150 fine??? I haven't seen that note yet. Then again our damn Marketing Manager usually opens them up right away looking for new ones to have me change in and out. I wouldn't doubt it if he throws anything that accompanies them away.

I send mine back when I have enought to fill an M&M box (usually about 12). Regardless, if they don't send me postage, it ain't goin back.

------------------
"And the monkey flips the switch."
- Major Don West, "Lost In Space"

Andrew D'Vrey
IATSE Local 219

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: