Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Motiograph AA's

Author Topic: Motiograph AA's
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-27-2000 11:38 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you Motiograph fans check out this on our web site! www.getgts.com/mopiccent.htm These are complete with LED reverse scanners.
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2000 07:33 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures, but we didn't get to see a closeup of the reverse scan installation in the Motiograph soundhead.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-28-2000 07:41 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Ken,
I'll get that next time I'm up there. Geez and my digital camera will go down to several inches too!! The LED end looks pretty much like a standard Kelmar stereo cell assy and the pick up end is stock.
Mark

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2000 08:38 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And don't forget to go a nice closeup shot of those Motiograph tube amplifiers, too. Are they still in use?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-03-2000 10:15 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Ken,
They have been removed from service and superceeded by some QSC's. They were used for the first few years of operation in that booth though. Digital simply required them to go bye bye. They are literally like brand new too.
Mark

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2000 12:18 AM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez Mark, there was a technician out of your area that used to use the old MA-7505s for stereo & digital!!! all 22 watts of them!!!
I think the ones I know of have gone by way of the QSC also!!!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-04-2000 03:17 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea John, I know who you mean.....I thnk. He's dead now though. Same origin of the dimmers and automation at the motiograph theater.
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: