Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » BOOTH SUPPLIES, SPLICER PARTS & BULBS!!!

Author Topic: BOOTH SUPPLIES, SPLICER PARTS & BULBS!!!
John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out our NEW on line order form for top
quality BOOTH SUPPLIES, NEUMADE SPLICER PARTS
and AMERICAN MADE XENON LAMPS! at www.nteequip.com
Our 'Theatre Picture Gallery' is coming SOON!

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-23-2000 09:45 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who is the manufacturer of "american made Xenon Lamps"

Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2000 10:17 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not mistaken OSRAM and Sylvania make Xenon lamps in the U.S. Although it is possible that they are only suppliers of lamps made offshore

Carl King

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-25-2000 01:15 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last i checked OSRAM bulbs were made in Germany, always have been..... Osram Owns the US Sylvania company.....

Aaron

Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2000 07:49 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stand corrected. Thanks Aaron

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-26-2000 08:56 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phillips used to make some of Osrams bulbs and Osram used to make some of phillips
for a while Osram attempted to make some of the lamp components in mexico
There used to be 3 lamp makers in the us
Hanovia, DuroTest and ORC
Durotest is almost bankrupt and regretably the best large lamp builder (15K) they got out of the theatre market in the 70's (the X60 was designed originally around there lamps)
and ORC bought out Conrad Hanovia so it is interesting who this maker is
There have been many importers of Chineese Korean and Japanese bulbs that have put the cable on them and then labled them as American Made
Xenon lamps are extremely difficult to make and the raw materials in high purity is hard to get and they are essentially hand made still

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-26-2000 03:43 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon said:

and ORC bought out Conrad Hanovia so it is interesting who this maker is...

Then ORC became part of Benson Eye Care(!), selling off their entire cinema division EXCEPT the bulbs to Ballantyne then BEC shuffled ORC off to EG&G Technologies, which just spun its tech division off (including the ORC lamp manufacturing) and changed its name to Perkin Elmer... Can't wait to see what brand name will be on the ORC boxes next year

Aaron

Richard Quesnelle
Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2000 10:05 PM      Profile for Richard Quesnelle   Email Richard Quesnelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

I had a problem with e-mailling you at NT Equipment. It was telling me that the e-mail is not hooked-up properly at your end. I was trying to get in contact with you so that you could send me copies of the R2 soundhead and the Super Simplex manual. My e-mail address is quyq@sympatico.ca.

Thanks again

Reg

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: