Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trailer and movie spoofs

Author Topic: Trailer and movie spoofs
Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2000 09:16 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any good links to trailer and movie spoofs? Here's one I found, and I thought this group would enjoy. Its a combination of Star Wars and Titanic. If you can I highly recommend downloading the 50meg version. yes that's right 50meg, but don't worry for all us dialup users, its availale in smaller versions.
www.tie-tanic.com

Lotsa violence, buring Ewoks, only thing missing is an exploding Jar-Jar Binks. Oh well maybe in the squel, or is that prequel?

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-22-2000 04:51 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen many spoofs 'n' stuff on the 'net but I MADE my own spoof trailer...

I collected all the explosions from all the trailers that came out a couple of summers ago and spliced them up into one trailer. The soundtracks don't match and there's a lot of splices in it but that just adds to the fun.

I call it "Kaboom!"

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-22-2000 06:32 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have about 10 minutes of date tags, mostly carefully edited from the middles of trailers. "Coming this Christmas, This Holiday Season, This February, This Easter, This Thanksgiving, March 4th, Independence Day, September, Summer, Chrismtas, etc etc etc etc. I sure wish the freakin' film companies would quit doing that.

------------------
Mike Blakesley
www.goforsyth.com/roxy

Robb Johnston
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Robb Johnston   Author's Homepage   Email Robb Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a spoof, but a training exercise gone insane.

Back when I was just a staff level projectionist, I would have trainees practise splicing by building up a series of old trailers. This developed into splicing various scenes from trailers together in comedic fashion. Eventually, the trailer reel ran over an hour with the longest "Scene" being no more than 10 seconds. the best gag we had was a direct cut from Madonna singing "Don't Cry for me Argentina" in Evita to Brad Pitt shooting a number of times in the trailer to "The Devil's Own"

It is still floating around out there at it's 4th home as he has moved from theatre to theatre.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2000 12:03 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, am I the only person who actually sends trailers back to the film companies?

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2000 06:53 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I send back Fox's trailers-they pay the tab for shipping, and I usually have no use for a half dozen Scope trailers for Anna and The King. If other studios would follow this example and send UPS tags to ship back their trailers, I'd be happy to send them back. The exchange won't take them any more, so unless I want to pay hefty shipping charges, they're going to sit on a shelf in my booth.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-23-2000 11:24 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's my policy. If the studio sends the pre-paid UPS labels, they go back. If not, they are given away or go to the trash can.

If they won't send me what I request but send me all sorts of crap that I don't want, do they really think I'm going to go pay their shipping costs back for trailers I never even had a use for? I think not.

By the way, on Warner trailers, TES never sends enough of those baggies that will hold 2 trailers. What I do is cut out the label and pack everything up in a nice huge box and tape that label onto the box.

And what wizard started the "oh, trailers aren't fragile...so let's just toss them in baggies and ship them. UPS will be careful." Any trailers that come in with cinch scratches from this form of shipping goes into the trash! I don't care if Mr. Spielberg personally performs a trailer check at my theater. Scratched film=trash.

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2000 02:53 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some more that I've recently found. Maybe Brad can put some of these up on his site.

The Trooper Clerks trailer. Trailer of clerks done with various Star Wars trailers, pretty fitting since Kevin Smith always works a Star Wars reference into his movies http://www.studiocreations.com/trooperclerks/

And of course Park Wars: The Little Menace, this one is self explanitory. http://www.parkwars.com

For other trailers available online, Ad Critic has quite a few their webiste is http://adcritic.com/trailers

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2000 07:13 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only send back the ones with labesls too. But Sony, BV, Fox, Paramount, even Lions Gate sent us one for our Dogma trailers. The only ones who don't are Universal (they never send us anything anyways), MGM/US (I've seen like one trailer of theirs on our shelf in the last year I think), and New Line. We actually get a lot of New Line trailers.

I once called the number on the return address portion of the bag to find out what I should do with the trailers since I didn't have return labels. I asked the lady if I should just throw them away, boy did she freak out (I was really bored that day ). Of course I never gave them my name or location .

Howard Johnson
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2000 01:16 PM      Profile for Howard Johnson   Email Howard Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried "Dogma" trailer today, it's a teaser to beat all teasers! It runs all of 17seconds , only has writing and in the middle is 26th December!!sigh! I took it out again.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: