Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » AARGH!!! footage missing!

Author Topic: AARGH!!! footage missing!
Stephen Winner
Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2000 09:27 PM      Profile for Stephen Winner   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Winner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got in the 6th sense this weekend, and people are complaining that there is footage missing after reel #4.

Just after Cole gets up to use the bathroom, he is supposed to follow one of the ghosts down to the kitchen and see see several more ghostst there. Just as he walks into the bathroom, I get lots of dirt, shakey picture, and then a cut to the scene where the psycotrist is trying to get into the basement to read some more notes.

Viewers are compaining that approx 10-15 minutes are missing. I did notice the reel's a little short, and after timing the film, it DID come out 12.5 min short. I ordered for a new print, should be here Tues, but until then, the partrons are FUSSING!!!!

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2000 10:14 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear god all mighty, what was done to that thing!! We've had our share of accidents yes, but never more than a few seconds missing total at the very most.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-20-2000 12:28 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that print "Integrity Inspected" by Technicolor?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-20-2000 04:05 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had to replace our print of American Beauty last week. Somebody spiked our old one! (Sprocket-tooth marks) I was highly pissed-off. The print we got for Re:A.B. was pretty good. There was only one spot in it that had some "whiplash" at the tail of reel 2 or 3. The rest was almost perfect. FG made it look great.

The replacement print had 2 or 3 brainwraps in it. And there was one spot I had to cut out a few feet of film because somebody messed up when they broke down and the film was badly crinkled. I was able to cut it out without anybody noticing because it was almost at the end of a scene. Maybe 3 seconds lost where there was no dialogue.

Thing is that all of the heads were gone and some bone head spliced on about 2 feet of old trailer leader and wrote "American Beauty -- Rx". The tails were masking taped.

Although I've seen this kind of thing all the time at Mercyhurst, it pisses me off STILL. We HAD a good print, only to have some bone head F*** it all up. THEN to make matters worse, we get a print that some OTHER bone head F***ed up! I didn't feel like we had much right to complain because "WE" damaged a print but if I knew what condition the replacement was going to be in, I would have recommended we not replace it. It wasn't so bad as to be unplayable. It just would up all funky on the platter and ran through the projector real loud. To me, it was a lot of work for nothing...

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2000 06:53 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone, who for obvious reasons is no longer at this theater, destroyed Summer of Sam two days before it left by mis-loading it. The perfs were all tore to hell from the sprockets, I can't believe it ran through the last two or three time. The sound it made while I was tearing it down was just disgusting.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: