Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Regal Now Using Film-Guard

Author Topic: Regal Now Using Film-Guard
Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a memo from Regal Corporate Office stating that film-guard will be added to the booth supplies order form. This is the only film cleaner included on the sheat (and first) hopefully many theaters will take advantage of this and use it. I know I will.

tyler

|  IP: Logged

Reeve Byrne
Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2000 10:51 PM      Profile for Reeve Byrne   Email Reeve Byrne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God! I've been dying to see how the stuff works. And to see if it as good as everyone says it is.

------------------
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-07-2000 03:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard that Regal filed Chapter 11 do you guys know if thats true?
Mark

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 03-07-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like Regal is no longer called Regal. It was bought by someone else awhile ago. Look at:
http://www.nasdaqnews.com/news/deletions/del_0598.html

Tyler Skinner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2000 05:22 PM      Profile for Tyler Skinner   Email Tyler Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal is privately owned. As far as i know, they have not filed chapter 11, although there is some serious debt.

tyler

Mike Colley
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2000 09:59 PM      Profile for Mike Colley   Email Mike Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal actually is still called Regal. The page regarding the company that acquired Regal refers to a merger between Regal, a company called KKR(I believe that they owned Act III), and Hicks, Muse, Tate, & Furst(at that time the pending owner of UA). These three companies were to merge and operate under the Regal name. From what I heard, when the deal was close to happening Hicks, Muse, Tate, & Furst came back to UA and wanted more out of the deal than they were currently getting. UA decided to go back with Merrill-Lynch, which left Regal and KKR still at the table. Those two companies merged and Mike Campbell was chosen to run the new company. I believe it was at this time that Act III Theatres then ceased to exist as Act III. In hindsight, maybe UA would have been better off to go with the deal, considering their current desperate financial situation.

------------------
Mike Colley
Regal Cinemas
Hollywood 24
Atlanta, GA

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-07-2000 11:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I guess that means that Mike Campbell will get the Showester award next year ha?

Joshua Lott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2000 06:54 AM      Profile for Joshua Lott   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Lott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To the best of my knowledge I believe Mr. Campbell won the Showester award last year. And ACTIII was sold right before the merger, up untill then it was owned by an individual.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: