Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Screening Notices

Author Topic: Screening Notices
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 01:14 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to go to many exhibitors screenings. Then I didn't get any notices when I switched jobs. Now I am getting notices, but I can't find the time to go. As a public service I will post some notices here. If it becomes a problem, Brad can delete the posts.

The invites always say that you and a guest are invited to see... They rarely check for invitations and most of these screenings are lightly attended. These are for the people in the trade. All who read Film-Tech are in the trade, so there!

Enjoy! write if you attend any of these films and what you thought of them or the special screening rooms.

Ian

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 01:22 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mission to Mars

LA, Wednesday, March 1, 2000, 7:00 PM, GCC Cinema 7, 4500 Van Nuys Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA

San Francisco, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Variety Club Preview Room 582 Market Street, #101, San Francisco, CA

Seattle, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Northwest Preveiw Theatre 1020 John Street, Seattle, WA

Portland, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 9:00 AM, Bradway 4, 100 SW Broadway, Portland, OR

Denver, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Cherry Creek, 3000 E. 1st Avenue, Denver, CO

Salt Lake City, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Creekside, 4890 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 01:28 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ERIN BROCKOVICH

LA, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 7:00 PM, AMC Promenade.

Seattle, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, GCC Pacific Place.

Portland, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Lloyd Center.

Salt Lake City, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Jordan Commons.

Denver, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 10:00 AM, Greenwood Plaza.

San Francisco, Thursday, March 2, 2000, 7:00 PM, Century Larkspur.

David Koegel
Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 07:59 AM      Profile for David Koegel   Email David Koegel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, time to show my ignorance here (hardly the first time ):

Are exhibitor screenings ones that try to entice exhibitors to sign up to exhibit the film in the future?

Is it done much earlier than a press screening?

Is it the final version of a film or at the stage of getting a test audience feedback for possible changes?

Thanks in advance for the education

Trevor Bailey
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 12:12 PM      Profile for Trevor Bailey   Author's Homepage   Email Trevor Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the theaters in my area has regular trade screenings, however, they never seem to know about them until the last minute. Does anyone have info on east coast (specifically northeast) screenings?

Thanks in advance,
Trevor

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2000 12:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If we can get a rep from each of the major studios to give us nationwide screening info, I will create a new forum for this as well as general print information as was suggested in another thread. Until that point, screening notices will just end up getting lost as putting them in a thread will not be organized and starting a new topic for each screening will flood the board.

Anyone have any reliable contacts at a studio?

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2000 12:36 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor, I know a bunch of the screenings for Rhode Island and Eastern MAssachusetts are done at the General Cinema in Braintree. Usually in the morning.

--Chris

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 03-01-2000 04:34 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David: You asked:

"Are exhibitor screenings ones that try to entice exhibitors to sign up to exhibit the film in the future?"
You got it. The big push is in the late fall so you will play their many films over Xmas, but they do this all year long.

"Is it done much earlier than a press screening?"
Usually yes and often far in advance. Press screenings are usually done the week preceeding the film's release."

"Is it the final version of a film or at the stage of getting a test audience feedback for possible changes?"
Usually the film's structure (and even the ending) is set in stone by the exhibitor screenings as the tests have been done in advance. The distributors have never given a rat's-ass what the exhibitor thinks of the product as long as they buy it.

David Koegel
Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2000 12:19 PM      Profile for David Koegel   Email David Koegel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jim. I was wondering of ANYone would answer my questions. I know feel a tad bit more enlightened -- David

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: