Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film Guard fixes *everything*! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Film Guard fixes *everything*!
Mike Beerbower
Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 12:30 AM      Profile for Mike Beerbower   Email Mike Beerbower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week, I accidentally got some Film Guard on the surface of our rewind bench, and when I wiped it off I found that all the crud on the benchtop came with it. A few days later, our manager was complaining about not being able to get the booth floor clean enough, so I jokingly squirted a little FG on the floor, and "That'll do the trick." The best part, though, was that it really did get all the crap of the floor. So much for industrial floor cleaners! :-)

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 12:54 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week I totaled my automobile. Today, I squirted some Film-Guard on it and it runs like it was new. Now I am going to put some on the bruise on my shoulder.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 07:15 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks that Brad's Film Guard is on to a winner!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-28-2000 08:07 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, does FG work for auditorium floors, too? Anything that will get Coke syrup up without lots of mopping gets a big "thumbs up" from me!

(memo to self: buy a media cleaner and order FG)

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-28-2000 08:57 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try adding some to your gas tank!! Wooooosh..........man I can got over the pass to park city in half the time now.
Mark

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 02-28-2000 09:03 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I poured a little Film Guard in my Pespi the other day, and found that by the end of the night I had cleaned all platters, reflectors, made up 13 prints, broke down 8, and still had time to move a AA-II to another theater!

But, I'm a professional- don't try this at home!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-28-2000 09:43 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
"Kids, please do not try the above tricks at home."

Actually, on a more useful note, Joe Redifer and I each used it on a new set of belts in a Christie projector. Unfortunately, I am no longer at that theater and forgot to check the status of the belt shedding right before I left, but it did seem to be noticeably improved in the little time I saw it. Joe, can you report back on that guinea pig set of belts you used it on?

Kelsey Black
Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 02:15 PM      Profile for Kelsey Black   Email Kelsey Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when I die, I want to be enbalmed with Film Guard

Colin Wiseley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 03:40 PM      Profile for Colin Wiseley   Email Colin Wiseley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try putting film-guard on popcorn - finger lickin' good!

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2000 04:29 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Works great as shoe polish as well

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 02-28-2000 05:03 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a Dessert Topping... No.. its a floor wax.... wait you two... its a dessert topping AND a floor wax!!!

It will pull anything evil out of anything good. just the other day I put a few drops into the sacramental wine and demons flew out of peoples mouths. Then I thought I would try spraying it onto people who ask for refunds. You know what, they changed thier minds!

------------------
"If it's not worth doing, I have allready been there and done it"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-28-2000 05:50 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 4 or 5 months ago I put FilmGuard as a lubricant on the belts in the Christie P35GPS projector, much like one would put Panef belt dressing on. The projector turned over much smoother as a result. It got rid of the typical Christie "grind" like the Panef does. The belts have started to shed a wee little bit. It grinds again now, but not as badly. The belts were nearly a year old when I put the FG on them. I still haven't changed them out yet, and by the looks of them it doesn't look they are in dire need of being changed anytime soon. They are well over a year old now. So I would say that using FG on the belts is about as good as using Panef belt dressing. Maybe a bit better, but it is hard to tell.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-29-2000 12:09 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week, my roomate Chris was whining about his back hurting. I slipped some FilmGuard into his bottle of shampoo in the shower and now he feels like a new man. No more back problems! Thanks, Filmguard!

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-29-2000 12:13 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also poured a bottle of FG into the oil fill neck on the engine of my car and ran the motor for just 5 minutes. Together, my other roomate Josh and I removed the oil pan and started up the motor!. it ran cool and smooth!, i've been driving with no oil pan on my car's engine for weeks and noticed a substantial improvement in performance and gas mileage!. No more Valvoline for me!

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 02-29-2000 07:32 AM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I happened by an adult bookshop the other day and went in to browse. As I walked past the personal lubricant aisle you wouldn't believe what I saw. FilmGuard! Along with and odd looking aplicator that I'm certain wasn't in Brad'
s brochure.
Brad what are you into now?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: