Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » More news from Technicolor

Author Topic: More news from Technicolor
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 02-07-2000 07:17 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else recieved this letter from technicolor regarding fuel service charges? It says that the wonderful folks at Technicolor will not pass on the new fuel surcharge that the carriers are now charging for print delivery to the customers, that they will absorb the cost so that our shipping stays the same.

How nice of them, now we will have even MORE busted reels passed on from movie to movie until the end of time in order to save money, or maybe no reels at all! Perhaps they will start using the "bag-o-film" method I once saw that was suggested here on this forum.

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather pay more shipping charges and get some friggin new reels out of the deal. And maybe they just might ACTUALLY inspect the prints too. I know I know it will never happen, but a boy can dream can't he?

------------------
"If it's not worth doing, I have allready been there and done it"

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2000 08:30 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My letter said they are raising my shipping fee from $17.50 to $18.00 for each pick-up and delivery.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-08-2000 06:12 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My letter said it WOULD BE $18.00 if they raised it, but since they love us so much, it won't be raised at this time. (or words to that effect.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: